Vu solo 2 (Looks like original version not v2,3 or 4)

desmondo123

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am hoping someone could help me out. I neighbour had asked me to update his vu solo 2 box which i did with a vu solo 2 se image. Sadly looks like bricked i have opened the box up and it is a Lonrisun box with a Samsung chip, sticker underneath only states that it is a vu solo 2.

Reading this forum it seems i may be able to jtag this box with a cypress board. This will be my first time to jtag anything at all but have managed to locate the requisite files from the and the solo2.bin from the chinese support site.

What kind of cable to i need can i just buy cable from ebay with jumper connectors?

Has anyone done this and perhaps give me some tips? Really don't want to have to shell out for a new box when i was only trying to help the guy. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks bud i have bought the cypress board and the cables now so should arrive Tuesday £11.58 better than a hundred quid or so. I hope this works my fingers and toes are all crossed.

I have never read anyone successfully recovering from actual bricked state via jtag for solo2's.

What I've done is ordered from chinese two nand flash chips just in case.

Bite the bullet mate!
Order 2 nand flash from supplier as these are pre loaded with Black Hole.[
Then find a good dealer that will replace the chip professionally.
I went this route after waiting an eternity for someone to finally crack the Jtag,
My box is running mint again, well worth the 40 quid.
Good luck....

SuttsyQUOTE=desmondo123;2505535]Hi guys, I am hoping someone could help me out. I neighbour had asked me to update his vu solo 2 box which i did with a vu solo 2 se image. Sadly looks like bricked i have opened the box up and it is a Lonrisun box with a Samsung chip, sticker underneath only states that it is a vu solo 2.

Reading this forum it seems i may be able to jtag this box with a cypress board. This will be my first time to jtag anything at all but have managed to locate the requisite files from the and the solo2.bin from the chinese support site.

What kind of cable to i need can i just buy cable from ebay with jumper connectors?

Has anyone done this and perhaps give me some tips? Really don't want to have to shell out for a new box when i was only trying to help the guy. Any help greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Back