Vu+solo 2 clone support thread.

I've got a clone with Vix 808. it is quite buggy though and does crash ocassionally at random points. Has anyone got a smooth setup using another version of software?

I've got a clone with Vix 808. it is quite buggy though and does crash ocassionally at random points. Has anyone got a smooth setup using another version of software?

You must have a bad set up as vix 808 is far from buggy..new vix zeus image yes but not 808..
maybe you should look at your configs or do a nice clean install of 808.There are a few other mainstream image teams like openpli and blackhole.
openpli is nice clean interface and simple to set up and blackhole is a little more fussed with alot more settings and choices.

As AJT has stated ViX 808 is also very stable for me with no issues or crashes. What extra plugins or skins have you installed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi,

My box is acting like is bricked.:Mad2:

I flashed it with openpli the box started fine and i set it to do a automatic channel scan, i went out of the room for a few mins to make a drink and came back to a green screen,

no problem i thought i will just do a hard reset.

but when i did the hardreset the box did not start.....

1. the VFD is blank
  2. nothing on the TV also
  3. not responding to having a Known working usb with a flash on it (kingston datatraveler)....so not been able to flash another image
  4. the only signs that its getting power at all are the touch sensitive power button comes on and the harddrive spins and the network blink (but no ip according to my router)

any advice gratefully received

Last edited:
Hi,

My box is acting like is bricked.:Mad2:

I flashed it with openpli the box started fine and i set it to do a automatic channel scan, i went out of the room for a few mins to make a drink and came back to a green screen,

no problem i thought i will just do a hard reset.

but when i did the hardreset the box did not start.....

1. the VFD is blank
  2. nothing on the TV also
  3. not responding to having a Known working usb with a flash on it (kingston datatraveler)....so not been able to flash another image
  4. the only signs that its getting power at all are the touch sensitive power button comes on and the harddrive spins and the network blink (but no ip according to my router)

any advice gratefully received

If possible try another power supply !

just tried it, makes no difference.

i also tried connecting with putty via the rs232 cable but all i got was these weird characters ▒▒▒▒▒▒

I have same problem. it appears my hard drive is causing my box to boot up very very slowly. if i disconnect the hard drive and reflash the box it boots up normally. however if i reconnect the hard drive and reboot the box it takes ages to boot up. also i cant initialize the hdd or record to it. however it shows up under hard drives. should i just try and reformat my hard drive somehow to rectifiy the problem. any suggestions ?

I have same problem. it appears my hard drive is causing my box to boot up very very slowly. if i disconnect the hard drive and reflash the box it boots up normally. however if i reconnect the hard drive and reboot the box it takes ages to boot up. also i cant initialize the hdd or record to it. however it shows up under hard drives. should i just try and reformat my hard drive somehow to rectifiy the problem. any suggestions ?

Try that under window make sure you delete any partitions under admin tools.

all fixed. loaded the last openpli image with the safe drivers 15/12/2013 (to be safe) on to it. I reattached the harddrive and managed to initialize it and reformat the hard drive. all good now. boots up quick as before. (Only negative, I lost all my kids movies in the process.!)

Last edited:
after install vix 808 I upgrade FPGA. Then I upload 808.bin via serial. I receive download complete. But original software didn't install. I mean install, I can see on vfd: VU+ SOLO2, but software doesn't start

Back