vu solo 2 clone remore control

I ordered the Duo2 clone remote and compared to the genuine one I have these are the differences I have noticed:

Feels lighter compared to the genuine Duo2 remote which is heavier and feels more premium
Buttons have that slight click like all clone remotes have (not as bad as the others)
Surprising the range is actually good compared to other clone remotes
And is programmable not like other clone types

So all in all for the money the remote is good better than the other rubbish clone remotes with terrible range. I find it hard to get used to compared to the older style remote. I still prefer the older style genuine type but for the money they are good.

Just ordered a duo2 remote after getting peeved off with the old remote. Will report back hopefully good things when it arrives.

Duo2 remote arrived and although all the buttons are clicky they all work and have no vagueness so all in all much better. Didn't realise that the new remote doesn't have a subtitles setting button but figured out that pressing the Audio button twice gets you to the Subtitle setting screen so all good.

Has anybody managed to get their clone duo2 remote configured to control their TV?

I've tried pressing 1+3 until the TV button stays lit then pressing the TV button but it seems to do nothing from what I can see as the remote sensor on the TV once flashes.

Morning
I have the new solo2 sunray remote, and when I turn box on after a couple of minutes the box wont respond to the remote, thought it maybe a faulty remote so bought a genuine vu remote with querty keyboard still having same issues.
I have tried different vix images and still not right.
I am using the digitalworld hades 8 backup by rats at moment.
Anybody any ideas

Morning
I have the new solo2 sunray remote, and when I turn box on after a couple of minutes the box wont respond to the remote, thought it maybe a faulty remote so bought a genuine vu remote with querty keyboard still having same issues.
I have tried different vix images and still not right.
I am using the digitalworld hades 8 backup by rats at moment.
Anybody any ideas

It could be freezing as you have tried many images it can not be that.

Try another PSU on it with any external usb devices removed. If its not the PSU it could be down to overheating you could see if this is the case by taking the lid off and seeing if this improves the freezing.

Try turning fan speed up to maximum. Also what temp is box running at?

Have you tried an older image? I'm using Apolllo 165 on my box at the mo without any issues but I do get the odd occasional ViX spinner which lasts for a few seconds and the disappears, whilst the spinner is there the box won't respond. Have tried to find what this may me and I'm currently suspecting a network share but don't know why.

temperature do not exceed 35 C degreese if i can remeber top of my head
On a sunray the temp reported maybe around 50. This is normal and in fact the real temp is around 35. I checked with a laser thermometer so I believe it's a small sunray problem reporting to image an incorrect temp

Have tried without external HDD connected but still the same,
If tv turned off for a few hours but box left on, then turn tv on the box still does not respond to remote, after say 15 mins minutes box responds to remote no problem.
Am I doing anything wrong ?

Have tried without external HDD connected but still the same,
If tv turned off for a few hours but box left on, then turn tv on the box still does not respond to remote, after say 15 mins minutes box responds to remote no problem.
Am I doing anything wrong ?
Might be best to start a new thread as I don't think your problem is related to remote then we can go a through a few things for you to try...

Anybody with a clone duo2 remote having battery problems? Mine seems to be chewing through them at the rate of 2-3 weeks before I need to replace them. I seem to recall a similar post about this before but I'm away at the mo and with a very slow Internet connection have found it impossible to search the site. I'm going to send the seller a message to see what they say.

Well Chinese CS at its best, replied with we test every remote and have you tried changing the batteries. Well yes I have to change them every 2 to 3 weeks, so effectively telling me to sod off!

Well Chinese CS at its best, replied with we test every remote and have you tried changing the batteries. Well yes I have to change them every 2 to 3 weeks, so effectively telling me to sod off!
I had a very similar conversation when I had a clone I purchased a genuine remote and everything was fine after that I now have a genuine solo2 and sold the remote on here

hi can someone tell me please if the genuine remote will work with a vu solo2se currently my tv button on remote does not work, i am new to these boxes. thank you in advance

Well I ended up ordering another remote from AliExp, some may say more money for bad but it was part of another order so cost me peanuts and surprise, surprise the new remote does exactly the same and chews through batteries. So I contacted the seller and again got the reply that there is no known problem and that they test each every remote.

I'm going to jump ships to XTrend so no real biggie but thought I'd post here for others.

I use an original VU remote with my sunray solo2 clone and love it. Easy to use and easily controls TV.

I've opened the first remote I had and even when no button is pressed there is voltage across the transmitter which explains why the batteries die. No idea why there is voltage leaking across the transmitter but I'll keep delving. I might completely remove the low voltage detection circuity which is quite rudimentary consisting of a pair of PNP transistors and some resistors.

Back