Solo 2 diplicate picture 2 rooms at once.

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey everyone

im looking to watch tv from one solo2. one tv will be the main one used and the other will only be used when we are watching a movie or something.

is the only way to do this with a hdmi splitter and running 2 cables 1 to each tv or 1 hdmi and 1 scart??

currently i have the box in the attic and have it run to the main tv via hdmia and a ir extender for the remote.

1 more question is it possible to get a an ir extender over 3 or 4 metres as i can seem to find them on ali ex

thanks

It's all very possible to do but would it not make sense cost wise to just get a cheap additional single tuner box like a Zgemma for about £60 save you a heep of hassle.

Yes you can split the hdmi and use a ir extender for as many meters as you want with a magic eye type of thing but for me a second box is the way to go..if you don't have a quad lnb then look into that for about £15 or split your sat feed using a auto switch so when solo2 is off feed goes to second box..

sorry bout the late reply.

a second box isnt an option. as they have a sly box in the other room. they just wanna duplicate the picture to the room with the sky box so they can watch recordings on the bigger screen for date night.

I have set up HDMI splitters before with 15 and 20 metre leads and it works well.

sorry bout the late reply.

a second box isnt an option. as they have a sly box in the other room. they just wanna duplicate the picture to the room with the sky box so they can watch recordings on the bigger screen for date night.

If you get a cheap box running say Vix image you can access the solo 2 box over network and stream the recordings..
If it's VIX, on second box go to Menu / Setup / System / Network / Mounts Setup..I think..
Once you have set up the mount, to watch the recording just change the location when in movie player on second box by pressing yellow button on remote...
Not 100% sure if the set up is correct but 100% you can do it..maybe someone can jump in and confirm etc..

I have set up HDMI splitters before with 15 and 20 metre leads and it works well.

from what im reading about the splitters both tv's must use the same resolution. u have any issue with that? i know the 2 tvs have different resolutions so im thinking this may be a problem.

If you get a cheap box running say Vix image you can access the solo 2 box over network and stream the recordings..
If it's VIX, on second box go to Menu / Setup / System / Network / Mounts Setup..I think..
Once you have set up the mount, to watch the recording just change the location when in movie player on second box by pressing yellow button on remote...
Not 100% sure if the set up is correct but 100% you can do it..maybe someone can jump in and confirm etc..

thanks thats a good idea. i was thinking myself i could watch the recordings via a web browser on the Tv but then realised it wasnt a smart tv so had to scrap that idea.

from my own experience with a vu duo i had a lot of problems with watching videos from mounts but that was years ago. is it still kinda buggy.

what cheap box would u recommend that i could do this with.

Zgemma single tuner will do the job just fine..
Fully supported by open pli/Atv and patched vix images available from zgemma dot tv.

from what im reading about the splitters both tv's must use the same resolution. u have any issue with that? i know the 2 tvs have different resolutions so im thinking this may be a problem.

thanks thats a good idea. i was thinking myself i could watch the recordings via a web browser on the Tv but then realised it wasnt a smart tv so had to scrap that idea.

from my own experience with a vu duo i had a lot of problems with watching videos from mounts but that was years ago. is it still kinda buggy.

what cheap box would u recommend that i could do this with.

Yes its true both TV's must be able to receive the same resolution.

Back