Vu + duo

Pranav

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am still having no luck accessing my VU+ DUO From another location - EXTERNALLY??

Can someone please help me on how I can set this up when I am using a NETGEAR Router please?

I can access the VU + Duo from a local computer by typing the ip address (192.168.1.3) of the box but i need this to work externally so I can access the box and view channels please??

I hope someone can provide easy steps as the ones before on here dont seem to work?

Thanks

On your router, forward a port to that ip address.
Go to google and type whats my ip address.
It will giive yourr external ip address.
Externally, trype your external ip address, : then port you forwarded.

You need to open your ports on your router and then use your external ip in VLC to access the stream I think. Never tried it.

I've tried it with a dreambox, and works brilliant. I only problem is that it leaves a port open and i dont trust security on cccam.cfg so I left it closed and forgot about the idea.

You could always use something like a sling box?

whata s sling box?

So is there a safe way of doing this please? What happens If I cannot access VLC Player do i need this? can i not use IE?

wHAT PORT do I need to forward on my router ?

Can someone tell me what number I need to enter Starting and End Port?

Its up to you mate you could try something like 12001 for both ranges but you need to enter that port number into your browser with your external ip addy

ps. make sure u've changed password for VU+DUO before forwarding any ports ....

OK so I use port 80 but then how do I go about setting this up - my ports just dont seem to be opening?
pleaser provide more detail i would appreciate someones help

log into your router and go to game sharing.enter your ports and forward them to your ip or dyndns address. google port checker and put in the port ie 12000.port checker can see if port is opened,ie some isp lock down certain ports.if you get success then your port is opoened.

i am getting errors when checking if port is open..can you tell me how I can go about opening the ports please?

Back