Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VU+ Duo Vu+duo server limits

pinkpopgirl

Inactive User
Hi,
Say if have 3 vu+ duo's, is it possible to use the server setup using LAN in BlackHole to send/stream (different channels )to the other boxs but only using 1 input line? I guess what i'm asking is Does the server just send 1 line/channel at a time, or can it send 1 channel to 1 box and still send another channel to the other box, while only having 1 input from the dish?

I've got the 1 line in to 1 box working, but wasn't sure if a 1 to Many was possible?

cheers,
Pinkpopgirl.

Hi,
Say if have 3 vu+ duo's, is it possible to use the server setup using LAN in BlackHole to send/stream (different channels )to the other boxs but only using 1 input line? I guess what i'm asking is Does the server just send 1 line/channel at a time, or can it send 1 channel to 1 box and still send another channel to the other box, while only having 1 input from the dish?

I've got the 1 line in to 1 box working, but wasn't sure if a 1 to Many was possible?

cheers,
Pinkpopgirl.

Only if your provider allows resharing your line which is doubtfull but in theory it is possible ;)......

Hi,
Talking of servers from what I can tell there are 2 ways to do it in BH (tramsmit channels).
The way i'm sure you can use is the Tuner Server, where you configure the channels in media player, but what is UPnP Client Djmount and UPnP Server Mediatomb all about?
Is it better or more universal for xbox's etc?

I've read that the UPnP route is more resource hungry, is it true?

Regards,
Pinkpopgirl.

The Tuner server is just it will let you install a virtual tuner into any one of your UPnP devices and let you stream from the current VU duo in operation

Hi,
So is the Tuner server the same as the UPnP Client Djmount And UPnP Server Mediatomb or does the Mediatomb thing do more than the tuner server?
I see that in the latest BH images they seem to update Djmount & Mediatomb , I'm guessing that, that mechanism is better or more widely used?

Regards,
Pinkpopgirl

I'd be careful of resharing without permission, most providers will cut you off if their system detects this.

Thanks for your advice, but I don't think it'll work for me anyway with my limited sat cable/lines to my box's.
:doh:

Back