Vu Duo Nearly Here Help

elmoemo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all after lots of research I decided to go ahead with a vu duo clone. It should be here on tuesday and want to have everything ready to set up as it arrives. I know I cant go past vix 2.4.xxx but was wondering where I can download it at? I know how to install the image, turn off box and turn on holding a button I think (will look again lol). I have a usb drive to put epg etc on so it downloads overnight.

Basically I just want pointed towards the downloads of a clone safe image, cool epg plug in along with autotimer plug in thanks, I have rats updater.

To install plug ins all I need to do is put them on usb and install from menu?

I also wondered is there any way to compress recordings so they take up less space as atm only have a 20gb to spare and judging by my old openbox that wont hold much :(

Ignore the blue writing missd the dl section

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks to grantsmith82 for all his help so far as well :D

Last edited:
The box will come with Black Hole installed, If you're new to the box then I'd use the box as is and then do lots of reading before messing with the box.

The box will come with Black Hole installed, If you're new to the box then I'd use the box as is and then do lots of reading before messing with the box.

Have read loooooooooooooooadsssssssssssss mate, im getting there lmao.

Got a clone safe image now. Have a fat32 formatted usb drive. Can someone help me if im wrong.

I put the image on the usb and turn the box off (but cant remember which button i need to hold to install the image) :(

Once thats done I put all my plugins on the usb and install them (from menu i think)

am I missing anything?

sorry bit tired and cant find the info i had before lol

You put the image on the USB drive, plug in the USB and power on the box. No need to press any buttons it will auto detect the USB and image, you'll see messages on the front LCD, telling you what's going on.
Some images have built in download server for plugins, or you can use ftp as well. Alternatively you can put plugins on the USB key and install from the image menu. Obviously delete the image from the USB once its flashed or every time you switch on the box it will try to flash the image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

also make sure you put image on mem stick in correct folder format think from memory its
vuplus / duo / *then dump files in duo subfolder*

also make sure you put image on mem stick in correct folder format think from memory its
vuplus / duo / *then dump files in duo subfolder*

Thanks all up and running not, 1tb external hard drive, 7 day epg, series link etc etc so very happy, thanks for all the help :D

what if a programme is running late or gets canned? won't the auto timer just record the wrong thing? I know the sky+ box is a little more intelligent as it uses the EPG to see these changes?

what if a programme is running late or gets canned? won't the auto timer just record the wrong thing? I know the sky+ box is a little more intelligent as it uses the EPG to see these changes?

Im sure auto timer uses epg

Back