VU+ Duo just turned up - looks like the lcd display is hanging off??

Has the LCD ripped right off? Sort of difficult to see from the pic.

No It hasnt but the Bit that is broken off is shown below again the U shaped points was soldered to the LCD display glass but it broke off right off the glass so it not possible to solder it back. I asked someone to have a go but I was told its impossible to solder.

IMAG0842_zps67ec4a38.jpg

What I did was solder to the top of the lcd with a bit of wire which was tricky but worked - all be it I didnt have a working PSU to test anyway so I dont know if it worked or not..

No It hasnt but the Bit that is broken off is shown below again the U shaped points was soldered to the LCD display glass but it broke off right off the glass so it not possible to solder it back. I asked someone to have a go but I was told its impossible to solder.

IMAG0842_zps67ec4a38.jpg

Ahh, it's much easier to see in that pic. I can't believe that mixeshop are sending them out like, can they?

At a guess it must be a case of the package being dropped/knocked sharply during transit? There is some of the contact on the display still visible so it might be possible to solder onto.

Not too sure what to advise to be honest, you could raise a paypal dispute and keep it open till mixeshop sort you out with replacement parts or you could go down then it's a cone route?

What I did was solder to the top of the lcd with a bit of wire which was tricky but worked - all be it I didnt have a working PSU to test anyway so I dont know if it worked or not..

Ahh, it's much easier to see in that pic. I can't believe that mixeshop are sending them out like, can they?

At a guess it must be a case of the package being dropped/knocked sharply during transit? There is some of the contact on the display still visible so it might be possible to solder onto.

Not too sure what to advise to be honest, you could raise a paypal dispute and keep it open till mixeshop sort you out with replacement parts or you could go down then it's a cone route?

I bought a total 4 Boxes all at once and 3 came as shown in the pics, so this is just not about being knocked or dropped, the quality control is absolutely disgusting.

Mine came from mixes with a damaged front lcd and someones viewing card in the slot!!!! but they say that it was new.
After I got my money back I opened it and what I thought was a blown PSU was only disconnected from the board.

Hmm, I used to use mixeshop or yaoxin but I had problems with an order last year, they did eventually sort things out for be but it took them nearly 6 months, so I stopped using them since them.

When I ordered my Duo clone I did approach them but then remembered the arse-ache of my previous order so I took a punt and selected a new supplier from aliexpress. Only ordered the 1 box from them but I couldn't fault their service but it was only 1 order.

Hope you get things sorted out quickly, I'm sure after a few paypal claims and losses of monies mixeshop will smarten up, I hope.

I am actually just filing the claim now, and the part where you get to request for Optional Refund, what should I put there any suggestions?

a9f5U.png

I am actually just filing the claim now, and the part where you get to request for Optional Refund, what should I put there any suggestions?

a9f5U.png

Surely the real question is how would a part refund help? If mixeshop opt to part refund you it still leaves you with having to fix the boxes doesn't it? The other problem is if you opt for a full refund then you'd have to return the boxes which is going to cost you a fortune.

I'd personally leave the part refund option clear and decide if want replacement parts to fix or want shot of the boxes.

Sounds like a double failing here:

a) Theres obviously quality control issues at the factory badly soldered LCD's, poor Power Supplies etc...
b) Reseller is selling customer returns as new boxes, theres no other way a viewing card would be in the slot..

When I got my Duo clone, I also just found a reseller from Aliexpress and havent had any issues, I just picked a reseller with good previous feedback and decent prices..

Mine came from mixes with a damaged front lcd and someones viewing card in the slot!!!! but they say that it was new.
After I got my money back I opened it and what I thought was a blown PSU was only disconnected from the board.

I have sent you a PM please. Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys, I need help with establishing that My VUDUO is a clone as requested by Paypal, ANy advice in the right direction prob to a company or how you have done yours will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Heres the letter I sent which got me the refund.

To whom it may concern,

I have been asked to verify whether the Vu+ Duo box bought by xxxxx from Mixeshop.com is a fake. I work as a Senior Sales Executive for xxxx LTD which is an authorised dealer in all vuplus products, and as such I have daily dealings with genuine Vu+ Duo satellite receivers.
The box xxxxx bought from Mixeshop.com is indeed different from the genuine ones we sell in the following ways;
The packaging – The box is smaller and has a different design. Both boxes have a picture of a Vu+ Duo on them; the display shows the word ‘STAND BY’ whereas the real ones say ‘Vu+ Duo’. Also the box from Mixeshop.com did not have any space for the accessories box, so therefore all accessories were packed loose.
Externally – The casing has a sticker on directing the user to download future software updates from wwww.vuplushd.tv, this is NOT the official manufacturers website (www2.vuplus.com). This is done because the official manufacturers have taken steps to counteract the counterfeiters using their official software (it will break fake receivers).
Internally – There are several easily identifiable differences in the electrical components used.
In my professional opinion the box xxxx purchased through Mixeshop.com is without doubt a fake. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below,

Heres the letter I sent which got me the refund.

To whom it may concern,

I have been asked to verify whether the Vu+ Duo box bought by xxxxx from Mixeshop.com is a fake. I work as a Senior Sales Executive for xxxx LTD which is an authorised dealer in all vuplus products, and as such I have daily dealings with genuine Vu+ Duo satellite receivers.
The box xxxxx bought from Mixeshop.com is indeed different from the genuine ones we sell in the following ways;
The packaging – The box is smaller and has a different design. Both boxes have a picture of a Vu+ Duo on them; the display shows the word ‘STAND BY’ whereas the real ones say ‘Vu+ Duo’. Also the box from Mixeshop.com did not have any space for the accessories box, so therefore all accessories were packed loose.
Externally – The casing has a sticker on directing the user to download future software updates from wwww.vuplushd.tv, this is NOT the official manufacturers website (www2.vuplus.com). This is done because the official manufacturers have taken steps to counteract the counterfeiters using their official software (it will break fake receivers).
Internally – There are several easily identifiable differences in the electrical components used.
In my professional opinion the box xxxx purchased through Mixeshop.com is without doubt a fake. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below,

Thanks for the above, But I have a few question relating to the above letter, I basically just need to find A company that is willing to verify and put their details in the Letter I suppose.

Back