VU+ Duo just turned up - looks like the lcd display is hanging off??

This is who i get my stuff off he is a top man any probs he will help or give refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is who i get my stuff off he is a top man any probs he will help or give refund.

Thanks but Im going to attempt to get my money back first before I go spending out on anything else...

Purchase update, spoke to a nice lady at Paypal and she emailed me the below

In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must
request documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic.
Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,
appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in the
area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly
identifies the item as not authentic. If possible, the document should
include a serial number and description of the item, and must be on
letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if
necessary.

So I have emailed vuplus.com and also "wo...of..sats" asking if they would drop me an email to confirm Ive been diddled, will forward that to Paypal and hopefully they'll refund me. I know its a classic saying and if its too good to be true it useually is but I wouldnt have bought this from matey in China if I knew it was a clown. Will keep you guys posted as to what happens next (admins do I need to move this rant somewhere else or am I ok to continue in the section??)

You seriously thought you were buying an original duo ?? Didn't the price give it away that it was a clone ? Then again there's no mention on the site that it is a clone..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You seriously thought you were buying an original duo ?? Didn't the price give it away that it was a clone ? Then again there's no mention on the site that it is a clone..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest I did yeah - until I asked the question about a day after I bought it, then someone said it was a clone. Price doesnt really mean anything to me as I dont know what they are worth, and its was stated they are good boxes "the brand not the company" so I went for it. I wouldnt have minded if the thing works but it doesnt hence my claim.

In the pics it just looks like the display needs to be realigned as not all the connections on the display are actually soldered.

shabbaranks - if the display is not working and you have issue booting up it may well be the psu i had a clone that had (what i thought was ) a faulty display.
was working fine one min then nothing, gave box a gental tap bingo back on.. next min off again then nothing ever again. then the box starting not booking
and it was infact the psu dying. guess there was not enough power to illuminate the display and/or boot the box.

do you hear any high pitch sounds coming from the box?? if u can get a new psu (and maybe a small refund as compensation) and get box up and running surly better than having to pay to return the box for a replacement? or using paypal and not being able to order from them again?

However i suspect with the paypal method if you claim you thought it was genuine (although i suspect the real issue is you bought a clone but its not a "new" clone is a "used" clone. paypal will ask to verify from indepandant source thats its fake.. once receviing this information paypal will refund you and ask you to destroy the counterfit item and you have to sign a declaration to say the item is destroyed.
However i do agree if you are buying from m**es*op the clone should be new. not have someone elses viewing card in. I experianced an issue with a VU+clone where the serial number of the vu+ didnt match the serial on the box. Especially as i was selling it to someone.. so i think they do open/use boxes before posting out. i did raise it with them but never got a straight answer back

i also noticed that on every clone that the display isnt straight they are all wonkey

i also noticed that on every clone that the display isnt straight they are all wonkey

I think this is cause there are 2 types of displays, the one pictured in this thread is the cheaper version with only a few of the connectors soldered so any sharp knocks and the entire display moves.

EDIT: Is there a guide on how to remove the front panel and the display. On my clone the remote is very directional so wanted to take the front panel and display apart to check out the IR sensor.

Last edited:
I think this is cause there are 2 types of displays, the one pictured in this thread is the cheaper version with only a few of the connectors soldered so any sharp knocks and the entire display moves.

EDIT: Is there a guide on how to remove the front panel and the display. On my clone the remote is very directional so wanted to take the front panel and display apart to check out the IR sensor.

Do you mean the plastic front? If so you can just unscrew the 4 screws and pop the plastic cover off. My plan is to attempt to get my money back and then get the proper box, or look at another brand...

Still having problems getting a confirmation email stating it is a copy so if anyone has a contact of a ledgit reseller or even a contact for someone at VU please let me know so I can drop them an email - thanks.

I can't quite believe that you didn't know or think that it was a clone that you were buying?

Can't you tell Paypal that the seller has confirmed that it is not an original plus if you read about the internet you'll see that the original doesn't come with an RS232 board and the remote controls can be different in that the newer originals now have a remote that can also operate the TV, all of which you can pass onto Paypal.

If you look at an earlier post (different thread) - I raised the question if the place I bought it sell clones after I had actually placed the order - honest guv! I wasnt sure if it was a clone or not. But thats by the by now... With my Paypal case, Ive printed off the stuff from the VU website, and will be taking pictures of my box to cross reference. The seller hasnt confirmed its a fake, theyve told me its real just like all the others which come out of thier warehouse. I very much doubt they would admit its a fake.

Still no replies from VU in Korea, but based on a few google searches Im not the first to try and get hold of them to evidence that it is indeed a fake, it would seem the have a multitude of umbrella companies. Still, I dont intend on giving up until I have xhausted all avenues :)

Here is my post asking if they are real or clones proir to it turning up - just to show Im not telling porkies

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/290637/#post2136961

I paid for mine with a visa debit card through paypal, looks as if i can get my money back through it.

Paypal Chargeback | Consumer Information

Nice one, I looked at this before but will see how I get on with Paypal first. Fingers crossed they'll accept the fact the manufacturer has details of copies and with my photos and evidence they accept it - Im not holding my breathe though as they asked for letter headed confirmation from the manufacturer or reseller which I dont have.

Nice one, I looked at this before but will see how I get on with Paypal first. Fingers crossed they'll accept the fact the manufacturer has details of copies and with my photos and evidence they accept it - Im not holding my breathe though as they asked for letter headed confirmation from the manufacturer or reseller which I dont have.

No probs, can see how confusing things can be if this is your first venture into the world of sat boxes :)

If they want a letter headed statement then that does open up a whole world of pain as Vu from what I've read aren't really that helpful and even if they did then you'd have to send the box to them and if you do this then they are at perfect liberty to destroy the box as it's a fake. Not too sure where that would leave you if you had to go back to Paypal saying, yes I've got a letter but I no longer have the box?

Have you tried posting on the world of sat forum, they don't like discussions about clones but somebody might be able to help?

No probs, can see how confusing things can be if this is your first venture into the world of sat boxes :)

If they want a letter headed statement then that does open up a whole world of pain as Vu from what I've read aren't really that helpful and even if they did then you'd have to send the box to them and if you do this then they are at perfect liberty to destroy the box as it's a fake. Not too sure where that would leave you if you had to go back to Paypal saying, yes I've got a letter but I no longer have the box?

Have you tried posting on the world of sat forum, they don't like discussions about clones but somebody might be able to help?

Yeah I sent them a message asking if they would be able to confirm that its a fake, and they replied back stating they got involved in something like this before and it was a headache so they no longer get mixed up in peoples "clone claims". I'll see what Paypal come back with when I send them the gumph I have from the VU website.

I've just looked on the WoS and the suppliers standard practise is for you to buy an original receiver from them, then once you've received the original they'd request that you take photos of both the original and the clone and send to the supplier. Once they have the photos they would then compile a report for you which would include the photos you've taken.

It has to be done this way as they will not supply photos of somebody else clone or somebody else's report and Paypal will only accept evidence it it pertains to the clone box that you actually have and not somebody else's clone.

Hope the above makes sense :)

Just seen your reply, the post I saw was quite old so it looks like they have changed their stance, sorry :)

i have seen this on the net:

Guide - Is It A Clone? / How To Claim Through Paypal

The next part of the guide is if you paid through Paypal. If not, and you paid by credit card you still have protection but you will have to claim through your credit card firm.

Now that you have confirmed that it is a clone, you can ask for a return. The problem with this is, the seller usually expects you to pay for the return postage, and in some cases the original postage aswell. The decision is yours but if you decide to return the item, make sure you ask for a return through Paypal (the seller has already proved they are not to be trusted).

Now if your like me, stubborn, there is no way I'm going to be out of pocket when I have done nothing wrong. This is the what you will have to do:

1) Check the advertisment does not state or imply anywhere that it is fake, they may say it is a 'vu+ duo ce' (the ce stands for chinese edition). If it does not and they have advertised as genuine proceed with a claim.

2) Paypal will tell you to prove it is a counterfeit. Before they do start to gather your evidence, take photos of the box it came in, the outside of the unit (including the sticker) and the inside.

3) Next you have to find an authorised dealer who will give you written proof that the box is a fake (send your photos), they must state how it differs from an original, how they are qualified and contact details on letter headed paper. This must be signed and dated, then faxed to paypal when requested. Most dealers will help as they do not want clone's being sold. I have attached two draught letters to assist you and the dealer who has agreed to help.

4) When paypal have verified the box is fake, they will send you a letter to sign (stating the box has been destroyed) and return by fax.

5) After all this Paypal should refund you everything including postage and best of all the seller does not get their clone back!

i have seen this on the net:

Guide - Is It A Clone? / How To Claim Through Paypal

The next part of the guide is if you paid through Paypal. If not, and you paid by credit card you still have protection but you will have to claim through your credit card firm.

Now that you have confirmed that it is a clone, you can ask for a return. The problem with this is, the seller usually expects you to pay for the return postage, and in some cases the original postage aswell. The decision is yours but if you decide to return the item, make sure you ask for a return through Paypal (the seller has already proved they are not to be trusted).

Now if your like me, stubborn, there is no way I'm going to be out of pocket when I have done nothing wrong. This is the what you will have to do:

1) Check the advertisment does not state or imply anywhere that it is fake, they may say it is a 'vu+ duo ce' (the ce stands for chinese edition). If it does not and they have advertised as genuine proceed with a claim.

2) Paypal will tell you to prove it is a counterfeit. Before they do start to gather your evidence, take photos of the box it came in, the outside of the unit (including the sticker) and the inside.

3) Next you have to find an authorised dealer who will give you written proof that the box is a fake (send your photos), they must state how it differs from an original, how they are qualified and contact details on letter headed paper. This must be signed and dated, then faxed to paypal when requested. Most dealers will help as they do not want clone's being sold. I have attached two draught letters to assist you and the dealer who has agreed to help.

4) When paypal have verified the box is fake, they will send you a letter to sign (stating the box has been destroyed) and return by fax.

5) After all this Paypal should refund you everything including postage and best of all the seller does not get their clone back!

This is going to be the diffucult bit...the authorised dealers probably wont want to help you theres nothing in it for them..there not going to make any money..thyre basically commision junkies..unless of course you buy a box from them first...

" 3) Next you have to find an authorised dealer who will give you written proof that the box is a fake (send your photos), they must state how it differs from an original, how they are qualified and contact details on letter headed paper. This must be signed and dated, then faxed to paypal when requested. Most dealers will help as they do not want clone's being sold. I have attached two draught letters to assist you and the dealer who has agreed to help. "

Back