VU+ Duo just turned up - looks like the lcd display is hanging off??

Cheers guys - Im still working on this one. I must have emailed every reseller under the sun but as gsm quite rightly put it they arent interested in helping - apart from someone in Germany. They were really helpful and Ive been emailing them pictures, they did confirm it was a clone and I then forwarded that onto Paypal. Paypal have since come back and said it needs to be on letter headed paper so I have gone back asking this.

The stupid thing is - letter headed or not (the fax I sent was a reply from the company which had all thier info on it) if they needed to speak to the company they can. I dont see how a letter headed piece of paper confirms anything different. Paypal are useless - I understand that its all legal etc and that they have to make the right decision but surely they have records of people complaining against certain Paypal accounts. They could check if there has been any issues before and use this as a base to work with.

Unfortunatly I havent had a refund but I havent given up either :)

Well its been an interesting experience but today I have fineally got my money back - through sheer persistance and determination. I managed to contact a company in Germany who were extremely helpful with my case - all be it they didnt have anything to gain from helping me which to my suprise didnt stop them. They wrote a letter explaining its a fake and that if Paypal wanted to get hold of them that wouldnt be a problem, since then Paypal have asked me to distroy the box and will be refunding me the full amount.

So - what have I learnt from.... Do not buy a clone, they may be cheap but there's a reason. I was a bit dissapointed about some of the UK suppliers who werent prepared to help, or asked that you buy the proper model from them to prove the item you have is a clone\fake. BUt hey ho - Sh!t happens.

If anyone has a clone and are trying to get a refund, drop me a pm surely if you show Paypal that I bought from the same place as you have and they are issuing me a refund you dont need to go through the same hoops to get your money back. Paypal also state that they watch the activity on the Chinese Paypal account - just 2 mintutes of googling the website proves they obviously dont as sooo many people are having issues.

The next question is - what box do I buy now :)

Result, good on you for seeing it through to the end.

In terms of what to get, have a look on Amazon.de, there are sellers there selling original Duos for 299 euros which should work out to around £260-270 delivered and you'll get a 2 year warranty.

For the extra £20ish quid I think Id prefer to go to wos and get full support from the forum.... Once bitten twice shy and all that ;)

since then Paypal have asked me to distroy the box and will be refunding me the full amount.

Bear in mind they dont normally ask for photo evidence of you destroying the box,usually just a email or fax from you saying you have destroyed the box ;)

For the extra £20ish quid I think Id prefer to go to wos and get full support from the forum.... Once bitten twice shy and all that ;)

If you have an original you'd get full support anyway, I think I'm correct in saying that boxes sold in the UK will only have a years warranty but from Germany will have 2.

Bear in mind they dont normally ask for photo evidence of you destroying the box,usually just a email or fax from you saying you have destroyed the box ;)

I've already asked via a PM if I could maybe have a look at the box to determine what exactly is wrong with it.

Good job as its smashed to smitherines now, took it down the tip earlier on today. Strangely enough Ive aquired another one from a different site with exactly the same problem - this time though it didnt cost me anything so I wouldn't be requiring a refund ;)

A bit pricey for my liking.... Im a tight arse :)

Ive been looking at the Amiko Alien 2 - dual tuner, HD etc but I cant find any screen grabs of the EPG - well I say I cant. The ones I have found look exactly like the TM600 Ive got which isnt very flashy :)

I'd rather stick with something that has better support to be honest, like vu or dm. Also the box doesn't or can't run the full implementation of E2 which limits 3rd party support to some extent.

EDIT: Looks like the gigablue is going to be around 400 euros.

Last edited:
Well it really is dead... Brought the PSU and front display into work to try and revive the beast but its not happening. The PSU is putting out 5v and thats it the 12v is dead as a dildo along with the rest of it. Tried to solder the pins for the front LCD display back and there isnt enough bite to solder the flappy bits onto. Im guessing these bits arent available from anywhere? Or I might just bin the lot putting the remote on eBay for a few quid...

Cheers

the box can't be that bad can it? I would hope that it must have worked as they normally come with an image loaded.

my offer to look at the box is still there if you're going to bin it.

Hi All,

Long Time lurker but posting for the first time, Looking for some help and advice.

I have made the mistake of buying Some VUDUO Boxes from mixeshop and they all came with Faults 3 with the broken LCD and 1 with faulty power supply. All Items came today and I have contacted them via Skype this morning and they promised to send replacement but I am skeptical with the replacements and I am really scared right now, should have bought from UK sellers was just trying to save some money.

I paid by Paypal and not sure if I should initiate a dispute right away or wait for the replacements to arrive.

Please advice me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance.

i would initiate the dispute as yoaxcin/mixeshop wont do anything unless you threaten them! unfortunately it will cost you a arm and a leg to return your boxs to PRC and they wont send replacements untill you do... basically your screwed. ive been warning people about these theives every chance i get but people still buy from them. are the lcd,s broken or just not lighting up? as you could take the lid off and make sure the connections are pushed fully home, same goes for the PSU. the QC is this companys factory is piss poor at best,regards mdt

i would initiate the dispute as yoaxcin/mixeshop wont do anything unless you threaten them! unfortunately it will cost you a arm and a leg to return your boxs to PRC and they wont send replacements untill you do... basically your screwed. ive been warning people about these theives every chance i get but people still buy from them. are the lcd,s broken or just not lighting up? as you could take the lid off and make sure the connections are pushed fully home, same goes for the PSU. the QC is this companys factory is piss poor at best,regards mdt

Thanks for your reply, I have opened up the Boxes and the soldering from the LCD is actually broken and its not possible to fix. See pics below:

IMAG0846_zpsb17a12d3.jpg

Forget about getting any joy with mixeshop, they will tell you they have sent the parts and ask you to close the claim.
Go into their site now and take a screen grab of the vu+ boxes they have for sale.
Open a dispute regarding counterfeit goods. You will not have to return the goods but you will be asked to destroy them.

I went through this and it took about eight weeks to get my money back but I did get it back in full. I know the original poster from this thread did the same and got refunded.

Thanks for your reply, I have opened up the Boxes and the soldering from the LCD is actually broken and its not possible to fix. See pics below:

IMAG0846_zpsb17a12d3.jpg

Just tried messaging you with a solution to getting your money back but Im guessin as youve only made 2 posts on the forum your inbox is limited in size. Drop me a pm with your email and I'll help you if I can - or delete some of your messages in your inbox :)

Thanks for the above posts and recommendation, will initiate the dispute as soon as I get to a proper computer so I can put in as much information and details as possible.

Thanks for your help shabbaranks, MDT and theblueirish

IMAG0846_zpsb17a12d3.jpg

Has the LCD ripped right off? Sort of difficult to see from the pic.

Back