Vu+ Duo clone fan

blow out of box, had mine running for month now no issues at all and no such noise anymore

blow out of box, had mine running for month now no issues at all and no such noise anymore

ok got it right i followed your pics....not a neat job like yours....used black insulation tape...and tinned the joins together, lol, thanks

ok got it right i followed your pics....not a neat job like yours....used black insulation tape...and tinned the joins together, lol, thanks

As long as its working mate then sod the neatness LOL.
Mine wasn't great and was literally joined with the just a twist and tape but as long as the wires are covered so it doesn't short and its working then happy days

As long as its working mate then sod the neatness LOL.
Mine wasn't great and was literally joined with the just a twist and tape but as long as the wires are covered so it doesn't short and its working then happy days

true you wont see it when lids back on lol

ok just somethimg i noticed , sometimes the fan works fine sometimes it doesnt work...so i have to go round the black and blow on the fan to start and it will start spinning...does this now and then...is this image related as i have bh 1.7.5 ?

I think that that might be hardware related, recall seeing a thread on the ferarri forums about a mod of changing a resistor to fix the problem.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

ok..seen a post eleswhere reagrding this issue seems like the resistor needs to be changed from a 220 ohm to a 100 ohm resstor, however it looks very tricky as its a surface mount resistor....i thought this problem was for v1 clones...i have a v2 ?.....looks like ill be adding the original fan back, noisey , yes but working though..

That's it, I had a look and aswell as the resistor being small space is also limited.

cant have this intermittent fan working so gonna stick the original back in.....lol

Can't say i've noticed my fan doing this only when i very first put it in but its not crashed or restarted the box with overheating while i've been using this fan so i'm guessing its been ok for me.

The way I noticed this was as it was too quiet...so had a look at the back and the fan was not spinning...blew on it and started working....switched box on and off several times, ie in standby and worked fine. Leaving it in standby for a hour or so, I came back and switched the box on, had a look at the back and fan wasn't working...blew on it and started working again....try this like o said its intermittent....anyway put the old fan back in...

The blades aren't rubbing are they? Have you tried slacking off the mounting screws?

The blades aren't rubbing are they? Have you tried slacking off the mounting screws?

dont think the blades can rub as they are set back slightly so they dont catch on the grill of the box...also there is the frame of the fan that prevents anything touching, yeah i did loosen the screws but still same problem, anyway ive fitted the original back, a little noisey but working...

ok guys been thinking...lol (dont do much of that now)...since the onboard connector for the fan delivers only 7 volt, which in my case doesnt run the fractal fan, i was thinking of getting this sata Y cable HERE and joining the black and red wire from one of the ends to the fan...would this work ?...wont be adding a hard drive so thats no problem, will use a usb enclosure for the hard drive.....or alternatively ive seen THIS fan here its the exact same model as in a original, but has 3 wire connection, again will cutting off the yellow wire be ok..?

a fractal fan worked for me, its totally silent now, peace and quiet.

Yes..that's the one...like I said I had intermittent starting problems..may work properly on some clones...not mine though...I fixed the problem...by selling my box...lol...at a loss though..still got that fan..though...u can have it for ..3.50..posted..

I'm gonna give the fractal fan a try. My duo has been restarting on me and tried a usb fan but that's just blowing air in. Will see how my clone and the fan get on as my original fan doesn't work at all.

sorry to bump an old thread

was having some issues with my Genuine Vu Duo, about 2 years old now

i got the red light of death so was going to replace the capacitor, have ordered it but also got a new fan in the interim as it needed changing anyway. ive also done the hair dryer trick where you heat the capacitors up and brings the box back to life (not sure how long for though!)

received a Fractal 50mm fan (FD-FAN-50) not the R2 one, fitted it and also needs a nudge to get working

it will not start on its own even with the fan control menu set to on, ive noticed all 4 holes do not line up to the holes on the back of the vuo duo, so have only used 2 screws

it has clearance at the front so nothing is touching it either.

any ideas?

Using BH 2.1.0

Back