Vu+ Duo clone fan

I have a Fractal fan fitted to my clone DUO, theyre definitely more quiet than the original clone fans, but they also feel like they move less air/heat. The original fan probably spins at higher revs hence more noise but also more airflow/better cooling.
The Fractal still isnt as silent as the Fan on the DM800SE clones though, but the SE has a larger Fan so less noise and better cooling at lower revs.

The real problem is the size of the fan, 50mm so tiny, so to move more air you have to spin it faster.

I've been looking at doing a dm800se type mod to my duo, so suspend a fan on top as in the se and do cut outs in the top lid but to make it look good you'd need some good equipment and tools which I don't have.

making it look good with a lid mounted fan is the hard part...otherwise you could just cut a hole in the Lid with a dremel and install a relevant sized PC fan and grill.

ok heres something ive noticed with clone fan that i have at the moment...i dont have the lid back on the box, as i thought id leave it open cos tommorow il get the fractal fan...anyway put the box back under the tv...and it is a lot quiet.....so it must be something to do with the lid...lol

If the original fan is not noisy don't bother swapping it for the fractal. The original provides better cooling moves more air. The fractal is more silent because it spins at lower revs so less noise but also less air moved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yes but once i put the lid back on it becomes louder again ?...screws are all tight ....weird that...cant reallly leave the top off , as its dangerous with kids around..wonder if its cos its getting a lot of air circulation as there is no top...i suppose i could drill lots of holes on the top..lol:Biggrin2:....

I noticed that it was a lot quieter with the lid removed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that it was a lot quieter with the lid removed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
so adding a lesser quieter fan as the factal one doesnt really do anything then ?, other then its quieter but allows the box to heat up more,,,

Yes, the main point peoople swap the clone DUO fan for the fractal is the noise from the original fan is quite intrusive. The Fractal is quieter but still not silent, it spins slower but wont cause you any overheating problems , my box remains cool to the touch with the fractal fan slightly warm directly above the PSU but nothing major.

Mine has been fine since putting it in. Anything was better than the orginal fan that came with it....sounded like a bloody washing machine on spin!

ok got my fan today...fitted it red to red and black to black on my clone v2 due...fired up the duo and its not spinning ? any ideas..

Mine done that at first and I just give it a little knock and it has been ok since.

Mine done that at first and I just give it a little knock and it has been ok since.
ok..think ive got it working...just needed a jump start so i went to bh menu.....was "off" in bh menu...turned it on...came alive....working....changed back to "off"......still working and switches off in stanby...a lot quiter then my original one....

ok so i just put the fan in...have i put it in the wrong way round ?...i cant feel any air being pushed out if i put my hand in front of the fan ?????

doh !...did have it the wrong way round , saw the pics in this thread...just turned it the right way..now as in the pics..can feel air being blown out..

Theres 2 arrows on the fan casing showing the direction of rotation and airflow, check these to make sure you have the fan the right way around.

Don't wanna sound like a dumbass...but shud the fan suck air in or blow put?..I'm sure its the right way cos the fan hits the grill of the box iif fitted the way I had it...had to loosen the screws...lol

Last edited:
Back