Vu+ Duo clone fan

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Seems a bit loud to me, say on a quiet moment in a movie you can hear it and its quite loud, like this on both of my duo clones, can these be replaced with a better quieter fan? If so has anybody got any recommendations?

Replaced mine with one of these a lot quiter
Fractal Design Silent Series FD-FAN-50

Mickr

Curious to know whether your duo is original or a clone as my fan is near silent imo

Thanks for the info about this - just ordered one off Amazon for just under a fiver

Im guessing the 50 stands for the size? As Im looking on Ebuyer and there is a selection of these fans all at different sizes. Cheers

Just fitted my fan....just cut both cables and then used some tape to join the wire. Probably a hatchet job i've done to what other people would do LOL but it works and this fan is quiet as a mouse. You honestly wouldn't know this fan was on!
So if you are looking to get a replacement fan I would recommend this...providing it doesn't go bang over the next week or so LOL.
Thanks to mickr for the advice!

I have a fractal fan on order to swap out in my duo clone. Was going to buy the rasurbo fan it shifts more air than the fractal but its louder 22db vs 19db for the fractal. The fractal moves 7.6 cfm the rasurbo shifts 10cfm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hi all, looking here to get the fractal fan as well, as i have both clone and genuine, and genuine i cant hardly hear fan, clone aint loud but can hear it , you guyz have air pushing into box or pushing out ?

Thanks

Just ordered the fractal fan from amazon for £6.71 , its quite alot louder then my genuine vu duo fan is, its not like a fault , just seems fan spins really fast which makes the noise, is air pushing into box or out, guess i find out when i look at the current fan thats in, Thanks

ok thanks, just have to wait for it now, as i have both genuine and clone vu duo, fan noise is very noticable, also remote buttons get stuck on the clone , buttons aint as rubber as genuine, but other then that, preformance recording etc is the same

All of the buttons on my remote are fine except the 4 way pad and centre OK buttons which seem to need a forceful deep press (oo-err missus) before the box accepts that the button has been pressed.

Also my box/remote is very directional, you have to point it straight at the box else the IR light doesn't signal that it's received a command.

I might open the box up and have a look to see where/how the IR sensor is mounted.

Hi, recieved Fractal Design Silent Series FD-FAN-50 today and installed it, miles better, cant hear it at all, i also have a 5200rpm 2.5inch 1tb hard drive installed which is silent , i think this fan is much quetier then the fan in my genuine vu duo, also seems its pushing air out quite good,

thanks guyz for the info very happy now

attached some pictures of my job :Clap:

Attachments

• 20120915_132657.jpg
    20120915_132657.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20120915_133118.jpg
    20120915_133118.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20120915_133146.jpg
    20120915_133146.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 17
I just want to double check I know what I'm doing before I order a new fan.

This my be really basic but in terms of going from 3 wires to 2 wires is it:

red to red
black to black

and then just tape off the the yellow (not connected to anything)

?

Thanks

Back