vu+ duo, cccam and card reader help

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello guys, im just in the process of trying my white card in my vu duo and using it as a server, now iv got cccam installed and have transferred my cccam.cfg file over aswell as settingmy static ip for my port forwarding, cccam and my clients are connected fine, but the reader isnt picking my card up at all, any ideas why its not, its in the top cardslot and my boxkey has the relevant /dev/sci0 in the boxkey which from what iv read means the top cardslot on the vu, im stuck here as everything seems right, so any help or guidance appreciated!

does the card go with the chip downwards or upwards, iv tried both anyway but its currently pointing down!

im using blackhole aswell not sure which build, when i put the card into the reader should a popup show up saying card inserted as it wasnt doing that, iv had to put it back in my dm500 for now as nothing i tried would get it to see the card, would like to get it working though to test the vu as my server, its a clone by the way. i might take the lid off and make sure theres card readers even in it, lol, the chinks may have left them out!

You may want to look into OScam as the card reader, it works fine and you don't even need to enter the BK.

BTW, the Chips go down - well they do on a genuine Ultimo ;).

when you put a card into your box does an onscreen prompt say a card has been inserted!

if you cleverly look into the card slot you should be able to see the pins that would sit on the chip. Are they more to the left or right? This will indicate whether the card needs to face up or down.

It has been to long since I owned a duo to remember but I have a vague recolection that the top and bottom slots work opposite ways round

my white card works fine in the Ultimo it does not come up that it's inserted ,what cam are you using for it these days just using cccam works fine for most of the channels left on it but for some you might want to use oscam 6059+cccam213 configured for sly uk found on TS-panel in oscam+cccam with configs. section
in the cccam.info plugin you can see in the entitlement section if the card is working for you.And i have the sky up chip down.

thanks for the input guys, im gunna take the lid off later and actually have a proper look make sure the card readers are actually there and connected fine as it just wouldnt see it at all when looking at my share on cccam info page, or indeed just seeing if the picture cleared, i installed a fresh copy of cccam 2.1.4 on the blackhole image and copied my cccam.cfg file over from my dreambox, is there anything else needed im guessing not as its just the same setup but different box.. i know cccam was working as i get a share from a friend and that was clearing for both me and my clients boxes.. could it be the image, is there anyway to check via box that card readers are working or maybe to set them up.

i will try oscam+cccam but ideally id like to get it just clearing from cccam as thats the main problem at the moment!

image should be no problem i use black hole too, install the cccam and cccam info plugin should tell you in the entitlements part what cards the card readers are reading my dutch card and white card are in the entitlements part of cccam.info

If cccam is running ok and I am getting the impression that you are just transferring your working files from another box to the duo then surely the only problem you have is with the line in cccam.cfg that points to which cardreader?

i tried both mate

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx

and

BOXKEY: /dev/sci1 xx xx xx xx

both trying the card in each slot with each config, once a cards inserted it should just start working correct, so i wouldnt have to reboot to get the card reader to read it, although i did try anyway.

heres the start of my config then just f lines after this

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx

DEBUG : YES
DISABLE EMM : NO
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : YES
SHOW TIMING: YES
LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt

well i took the lid of tonight and all seemed well, was connected fine from what i could see, iv flashed the new version of blackhole and started from scratch, and once again cccam worked fine from my friends share i have in my server, but would it fook pick my card up, i can only come to the conclusion that the card readers are fooked!

1 thing that is happening when i press blue and it says active cams all it says is common interface, i cant select cccam, cant seem to change anything from that screen, and i have to switch cccam on by tspanel, is this normal, but once its switched on it connects, just no card in dev/sci0 or dev/sci1 no matter which i try.

is there a certain cccam i should be using designed for blackhole images or something, even when i goto addons from within the image and goto the uninstaller, it does not show cccam to be uninstalled, once again only way i could do it was from tspanel, its like the image just doesnt know cccam is even installed but yet tspanel has installed it and can activate it!

i think its time to give up just use my 500c, lol!

Last edited:
the card readers are called /dev/sci0 and dev/sci1 m8
my white card shows ok in the duo i have it in the top slot ;card with the chip facing down and is dev/sci1 I have to reboot to get it to see the card this is a genuine duo with VIX 2.3.204 I have not entered a box key using CCcam 2.3

edogg

If you cannot select cccam and it is stuck on common interface I would say there is something not right there. I would re-flash and start again. After installing cccam activate in blue panel and not tspanel. It is possible the card readers are fooked I guess but even then I would have thought the chances of both of them buggered are not so likely?

The only other thing I can think of is that you have another cam running like oscam which is accessing the readers b4 cccam does.

Is your friends share actually clearing channels for you?
If so then CCcam must be working

Telnet in and run the "ps" command and make sure CCcam is actually running just to be sure

Is your friends share actually clearing channels for you?
If so then CCcam must be working

Telnet in and run the "ps" command and make sure CCcam is actually running just to be sure
yes it is clearing channels no problem once i activate his line, i had it # out while i was trying to get it to read my card, but i activated his line and it cleared channels for both me and my clients, so yes cccam was working, only i couldnt select it as default cam from the blue button, it was just common interface and nothing else i could select..

the card readers are called /dev/sci0 and dev/sci1 m8
my white card shows ok in the duo i have it in the top slot ;card with the chip facing down and is dev/sci1 I have to reboot to get it to see the card this is a genuine duo with VIX 2.3.204 I have not entered a box key using CCcam 2.3

edogg
so the top slot is definetely dev/sci1 as i read it was dev/sci0 for top slot, but i tried both both ways although i didnt restart box everytime as i assumed card reader would just pick card up as soon as it was inserted.

If you cannot select cccam and it is stuck on common interface I would say there is something not right there. I would re-flash and start again. After installing cccam activate in blue panel and not tspanel. It is possible the card readers are fooked I guess but even then I would have thought the chances of both of them buggered are not so likely?

The only other thing I can think of is that you have another cam running like oscam which is accessing the readers b4 cccam does.
theres no other cams installed mate, only cccam 2.1.4, i did reflash last night with blackhole, but think ill reflash again tonight with vix image and see if it acts any different, i found it weird i couldnt activate cam from blue panel!

theres no other cams installed mate, only cccam 2.1.4, i did reflash last night with blackhole, but think ill reflash again tonight with vix image and see if it acts any different, i found it weird i couldnt activate cam from blue panel!

Yeah try that. Vix is much better anyway ;)

I use the pli-hd skin on vix. I like to look and it also saves having to set up all the osd settings

I use Blackhole image and had same problem initially, you have to find the right cccam file to work with the image, if your using the right ones they will show up after pressing the blue button and you can change between them.
any ideas where to find the right ones mate!

Back