Vu clone or dream clone ? best ?

I have both an 800se and a vu duo, both clones, both extremely stable, both run great, cant fault either except i like the remote better on the vu's. If you can id go for the vu purely for the 2nd tuner and the ability to watch 1 channel and record another!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well been playing with my Solo since Monday & must it's all been good, got the latest Blackhole running on it. The only downside is that the remote is not very responsive but have got that set up on my Harmony 525.

I have both an 800se and a vu duo, both clones, both extremely stable, both run great, cant fault either except i like the remote better on the vu's. If you can id go for the vu purely for the 2nd tuner and the ability to watch 1 channel and record another!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I agree like I said before VU SOLO clone vs a Dm 800SE clone...Go with the 800SE all day long.. But a DUO Clone vs a 800SE clone becomes a different story..theres not much in it price wise and your getting a 2nd tuner which is extremely useful . Theres not anywhere near the same amount of images fo VU's as there is on DM's but depends what your usage is.. I've just left VIX 2.3 GM on my Duo clone..and it;s used as my main viewing box no need to change images it does what I need it to without problem.
A better comparison if your taliking single tuner is a VU UNO I havent checked to see if the clones of these are around yet, but these are more of a hardware spec match up with a 800SE than a SOLO is.. A SOLO is a similar spec to a 800HD (non SE) but it doesnt have internal hard disk support.

Well been playing with my Solo since Monday & must it's all been good, got the latest Blackhole running on it. The only downside is that the remote is not very responsive but have got that set up on my Harmony 525.

Oh forgot to say got my Solo for just over £90 Inc p&p ;-)

Im thinking the vu duo clone 189 delivered :) thats the best price i have found anyone find a cheaper price?
But saying that the VU+2 is out in the near futer and that looks a sweet box, (wonder how long thatll take to clone) :)

Im thinking the vu duo clone 189 delivered :) thats the best price i have found anyone find a cheaper price?
But saying that the VU+2 is out in the near futer and that looks a sweet box, (wonder how long thatll take to clone) :)

Just got ordered myself a Duo Clone 165 delivered from china, will update this thread when I've tested it out

there seems to be more and more duo clone psu,s failing on v2 boxs reading around the net so get from a honest uk supplier if you can afford the extra cash as sending back to prc costs a arm and a leg. regards mdt

Just got ordered myself a Duo Clone 165 delivered from china, will update this thread when I've tested it out

Well got my clone and have had it just over a week... The front had a few minor scratches on it, but it's not a biggy, can't notice it from a distance... I opened up the box to have a look at it, most importantly to check out the PSU, as some of the these clone PSUs look a total state like they've been built with recycled parts, well it all looks brand new inside and looked good, including the PSU, just had to push the power cable from the PSU to the mainboard in properly as that wasn't all the way down. Fired it up and it had BH on it, Kernal already updated, so just flashed VIX on it, apart from that been running the plug straight to a breaker/surge protector just for that little bit of extra protection encase the PSU decides to go on me and hasn't tripped once yet....The box is almost quite, just like my original, was at first wondering whether I would have to swop out the fan to something quieter but it's all good.... As for the control, it might look exactly the same from the original but the actual buttons are hanging up a little higher then the original, at first I noticed this and thought nothing of it but have since been using the control and have found I have to press harder on the buttons compared to the original to get a response, but that's OK will be upgrading to original universal soon, if possible.... Haven't tried a HD inside yet, but that's next... USB works all fine, and box response time, Haven't even had crash yet, no lags also, operates just like original so far. All in all. HAPPY :) :)

Does someone has an updated feedback on vu clone ? Stability and hardware ?

Thx :BLOBBY:

VU Clone have the following potential issues if your unlucky:

1. Reports of Poor Factory quality control meaning you can get a box with badly soldered front LCD.
2. Power Supplys weak, failing or DOA, more noticable with motorised dishes or 3.5" hard disks due to more power draw from the PSU.
3. Cannot run the latest images due to new VU driver protction.
4. Random "tune failed" when changing channels, apparently Ferarri team are aware of this and it's related to a query to the security chip failing update to fix this is due soon..
5. Remotes control response can be slow and laggy.
6. Fan can be noisy.

Of the above 6 issues the first two can cause you some grief and end up in you having to send the box back for repair or do a DIY replace of the PSU. The remaining 3 issues are nothing major, you can still use patched images and theres nothing significantly new in the later images yet anyway. Most Clone dreamboxes can run the latest drivers and images either without patching unless you have a AP82 SIM.
I have had a VU DUO V2 clone for a while now, and havent had any major issues, the box is stable, doesnt crash, all features work as they should. I replaced the Fan with a more silent Fractal fan. I do have the issue with random "tune failed" but it's intermittent.
All in all apaprently a VU DUO clone is only around 16-20 quid more than a 800SE clone so the benefits of dual tuner are definitely worth the extra cash..however this largely depends on recieving a good box without defects from factory in the first place !

VU Clone have the following potential issues if your unlucky:

1. Reports of Poor Factory quality control meaning you can get a box with badly soldered front LCD.
2. Power Supplys weak, failing or DOA, more noticable with motorised dishes or 3.5" hard disks due to more power draw from the PSU.
3. Cannot run the latest images due to new VU driver protction.
4. Random "tune failed" when changing channels, apparently Ferarri team are aware of this and it's related to a query to the security chip failing update to fix this is due soon..
5. Remotes control response can be slow and laggy.
6. Fan can be noisy.

Of the above 6 issues the first two can cause you some grief and end up in you having to send the box back for repair or do a DIY replace of the PSU. The remaining 3 issues are nothing major, you can still use patched images and theres nothing significantly new in the later images yet anyway. Most Clone dreamboxes can run the latest drivers and images either without patching unless you have a AP82 SIM.
I have had a VU DUO V2 clone for a while now, and havent had any major issues, the box is stable, doesnt crash, all features work as they should. I replaced the Fan with a more silent Fractal fan. I do have the issue with random "tune failed" but it's intermittent.
All in all apaprently a VU DUO clone is only around 16-20 quid more than a 800SE clone so the benefits of dual tuner are definitely worth the extra cash..however this largely depends on recieving a good box without defects from factory in the first place !

Dont mind the noise myself unless something quiet is on but if it bothers you a new one is only 5 on ebay. The lcd though is not connected properly (havent opened the box yet to fix) Had the box a few days now and just got the tune failed error after recording 2 programs, went back to watch tv and now cant get it to work on any channel even after a few restarts and box being off for 5 mins, when is the fix due mate?

You have a different issue than the tune failed issue that I was mentioning. The issue I have is that sometimes when you change channel it will say tune failed but if you leave it the channel will clear in about 2 to 3 seconds. Apparently when you change transponder a query is sent to the security module, this is failing causing tune failed. It must be being successfully processed on the next attempt which is why the channel clears after a couple of seconds. This issue is very intermittent and only happens sometimes. If you have no channels working then you have a different issue. Maybe try updating your bouquets. Satellites.xml and lamedb.
No actual release date yet for any fix, if indeed it ever gets fixed but Ferrari team are aware of this issue it's mentioned on their forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mr Dongle,
Would you mind pm me that link please?

Hi guys. I have owned a genuine DM7000S, a clone DM500S, a clone DM800HD, a clone Vu+ Duo and a genuine Vu+Solo2. When it comes to clones, DM800HD is the best value for money, you can buy with your eyes closed. BUT, if you really want to have quality product and constant support, go for a genuine Solo2. By far the best reciever at the moment..

Hasnt the Solo2 got driver problems meaning you cant it cant record encrypted channels if your watching another encrypted channel ? For me this is a no-go until it's resolved..

Hasnt the Solo2 got driver problems meaning you cant it cant record encrypted channels if your watching another encrypted channel ? For me this is a no-go until it's resolved..

Not happened to me although i dont record much too many repeats as it is, But i just tried this on my Solo2 and recorded one premium channel while watching another and no problem.

Currently using the very latest Solo2 drivers from yesterday

Back