VM Support

Finally resolved this problem today after some head scratching.
Initially the problem was that I would lose the internet connection. Red cross on my pc taskbar and messages on my smart tv complaining of network disconnection. It would resolve itself and then happen again, my speed was a third of what it should be and no wireless.
A new router arrived and my speed remained around a max of 95. I occasionally noticed the red cross for brief moments with no complaint from my tv internet connection.
I hard wired a laptop to my router, did a speedtest and got 395!! Updated the network driver on my pc and all is well now. The only thing I can think of is that my original router took an update which broke it and also wasn't compatible with my previous driver.

Part of the problem is that they're closing the main tech support centre in Swansea. They've pulled the plug and are creating a "Super" centre in Manchester. The people you used to speak to, are not present or bothered anymore due to them getting made redundant. From what I know the majority of it is now going to be off-shored going forward, as is the nature of most tech support nowadays.

theres a shock i think it P*SS PEOPLE off more talking to someone overseas, as they dont seem to get a grip on how you feel when your paying for a service you dont get, why i left VM.. Load of shite,! if im honist, more hastle than a little ,, moved to sky broadband after 3 mnths that went down hill. they all bottle neck you, no matter what, "FAIR USAGE POLICY" BS,,, its so other users get better internet that hardley use it, and the ones that do get penalised for hammering it,, isnt that what its there for,, why keep upping the speeds what do they think people are going to use them speeds for, ordering a pizza, ermm emails. or maybe ebay, checking you bank accounts NNAAAA,.. streaming, yeap.. iptv maybe, bent sly deffo,, or even vm cs, worlds going mad, internet taking over, realistically where one of the slowest countrys for internet,, were not even full fiber ,, no glass network goes to virgin homes only to main virgin HQ, joke, fiber lol. its bloody coper,,

theres a shock i think it P*SS PEOPLE off more talking to someone overseas, as they dont seem to get a grip on how you feel when your paying for a service you dont get, why i left VM.. Load of shite,! if im honist, more hastle than a little ,, moved to sky broadband after 3 mnths that went down hill. they all bottle neck you, no matter what, "FAIR USAGE POLICY" BS,,, its so other users get better internet that hardley use it, and the ones that do get penalised for hammering it,, isnt that what its there for,, why keep upping the speeds what do they think people are going to use them speeds for, ordering a pizza, ermm emails. or maybe ebay, checking you bank accounts NNAAAA,.. streaming, yeap.. iptv maybe, bent sly deffo,, or even vm cs, worlds going mad, internet taking over, realistically where one of the slowest countrys for internet,, were not even full fiber ,, no glass network goes to virgin homes only to main virgin HQ, joke, fiber lol. its bloody coper,,

It's fibre upto the outside of your house, then 0.9 coax into the house. BT use 0.4 if you're lucky, it's normally smaller again, and as there is also aluminium in the network that drastically slows speeds.

When NTL/C&W laid the foundations of the network it nearly bankrupted them by laying fibre everywhere, hence it's not available in all places, especially rural ones, as they were never going to get the money laid out. BT is now catching up by using FTTC/FTTP, or if you live in a new built house like myself, then it's fibre to my entry point.

BT could rip out all the copper in their network and it would be worth something like 1 Billion in scrap value, but that's a massive undertaking, and would require years of work, which they're neither willing to do or want to do. Until we have a pure fibre network then we will continue to lag behind the fastest countries in the world like South Korea/Japan/Eastern Europe.

Let me know where i can bring my car for old copper cable boss.:eek:

Let me know where i can bring my car for old copper cable boss.:eek:

When I worked for BT Openreach, we had incidents where pikeys would rob cable to weigh in. Funniest one was when they robbed a load of fibre optic cable thinking it was copper :p

I also know of someone who drove a van into a BT depot, and took a whole drum of cable. Not the small ones either, im talking about 100 pair cable, and about 1000m or so worth. That'd would have been worth quite a few ££

Back