VM free to air channels

I just found something interestingly incorrect. When I manually add a mux (and I have already specified my Network ID as 14041 in the network box) the Original Network ID shows as 65535 and I cant see where to set / fix that? (see screen grab).

Capture2.JPG

OK, I have now temporarily moved the DVB-C card to a windows PC so can now use windows applications to scan. So my question is what is the easiest free blind DVB-C scanner for windows, so I can do a complete blind scan to see what channels I can see?

Regards.

OK, I used MediaPortal 2 TV server and BINGO!!! I was able to find channels and play a couple of the free channels. So I captured the channel settings for Nickelodeon from MediaPortal (see screen grab) and tried to apply those settings in TVHeadend, but I still cant detect anything in TV Headend :(
Nickolodian.JPG

I have also attached the settings I am now suing in TVHeadend, what am I doing wrong?

TVHEAD1.JPGTVHEAD2.JPG

Regards.

Try it with a free to air channel, Nickelodeon is defiantly encrypted.

So try back with Media Portal and find a channel that you can watch without using any lines or softcams, so that you can rule out encyption being the problem

OK, tried the same thing with BBC One, which plays fine on MediaPortal, still the same issue, it cant find anything on TVHeadend. What am I doing wrong? Here are all the screen grabs:

BBC-ONE.JPGTVHead1.JPGTVHead2.JPG

I do have two cards in TVHEadend, the DVB-C card TBS 6281SE, and DVB-S TBS 6894, Im running out of ideas.

Attachments

• CBBC.JPG
    CBBC.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CHANNEL-5.JPG
    CHANNEL-5.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
There are only a handful of channels on 64 QAM, majority will be on 256 QAM.

61472 is the base Net ID for all areas. I don't know about PC applications, but E2 does not honour the Net ID value used, everything works.

OK, looking at the logs (should have looked at these earlier) I am getting:

linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 6281 DVBC frontend : DVB-C #0 - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]

What does this indicate "e=Invalid argument" ?

Regards.

OK, SORTED, WORKING!!!!
All I did was use the settings above, but add three zeros to the Symbol Rate, so that should be 6952000.
Once I did that with BBC One, it then discovered all the other channels, thanks for all your help guys.

Regards.

I already get Sky EPG no problem, how do I get EPG via cable?

Regards.

I think its OTA but could take a while to populate

I think its OTA but could take a while to populate
Nothing has appeared yet and it's been a few hours now.
For Sky I use "Over-the-air: Open TV: Sky UK" located in Configuration/Channel EPG/EPG Grabber Modules, but there is no Over-the-air Virgin, so how would I get the Over the air EPG?

Regards.

Has the application you are using incorporated the epg modification? If it has not, use Rytec's data source

Sorry, no idea.

If nobody on forum know, might be idea to ask on tvheadend forum. Update this thread if you get an answer.

I know it's been a while, but I just tried this again, and I now can now longer get any channels when scanning. I have alos gone back and tried MediaPortal again, which worked last time, but now I get nothing, it scans and returns nothing.
Have Virgin changed something that would prevent this from working?

I know it's been a while, but I just tried this again, and I now can now longer get any channels when scanning. I have alos gone back and tried MediaPortal again, which worked last time, but now I get nothing, it scans and returns nothing.
Have Virgin changed something that would prevent this from working?
Please ignore, it was just a configuration issue.

Back