VM DLink 615 Router DDWRT

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
could i just ask is there any point in doing this ,,what is better with the new flash

will this stop the HNAP Vulnerability ,if i flash it to the new flash

could i just ask is there any point in doing this ,,what is better with the new flash

will this stop the HNAP Vulnerability ,if i flash it to the new flash

you own the router settings instead of having the limited access of normal routers.

more function basically, i have a netgear flashed with dgteam firware and i can tweak all sorts of settings.

beats original firmware hands down.

Does anyone know if this flash will let me use the router as a wireless bridge ?

Answer is yes ...cheers mate rep added

This firmware completely unlocks the hardware and adds loads more functions to the router , well recommend it.

Cheers

Last edited:
guys

i have the same router and cant seem to set it up properly , the signal seems crap when it connects to my iphone and cant even connect it to my notebook as it just keep saying witing for network........ ive tried loads of times leaving it unsecured etc and no joy.....could this be faulty or is it something stupid?

thanks.

guys

i have the same router and cant seem to set it up properly , the signal seems crap when it connects to my iphone and cant even connect it to my notebook as it just keep saying witing for network........ ive tried loads of times leaving it unsecured etc and no joy.....could this be faulty or is it something stupid?

thanks.

First thing I would do mate is a factory reset and start all over again ......

Hi there, i get the error "The chosen file is not a valid firmware image file."

Any ideas guys?

Hi there, i get the error "The chosen file is not a valid firmware image file."

Any ideas guys?

I had the same you will need to do it using the emergency method the link is in the first post

Thanks mate being waiting for this to be released, been checking their site for ages waiting. its still not shown on there mind only c1 and d1 showing as not supported, so glad you posted it here as i wouldnt have knew about it otherwise. 1 quick question does anyone elses router homepage show the model as 600 :err:

guys

thanks.

Could be either of them. What is your notebook model?

Couple of things to check out.

Is wireless switched on on the notebook?

You should be able to turn the wireless connection on and off by pressing both Fn and F10 together.

Also the wireless network utility that is built into windows must be started.To start it do the following:-

Click Start, and choose Run
Type “services.MSC” and press OK

A new window will open
Scroll down the list to the right
Highlight (and click once) “Windows Zero Config”
Now click on the word “start “ (highlighted in blue)

This will start the Windows Zero Config and enable microsofts wireless utility

has any1 else blown there 615 i have done 3 now plugging in the wrong power i see they now come with a warning but at least vm keep replacing them thank god

Back