Virus paytime.exe , CC_ccProxyExt, CcCommon, CcPxyCore, MSRedist..? please help ?

piggs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya all,

i was wondering if anyone can help....im running XP home

ok the other day i downloaded a software (dvdclone trial version ), when promted to save i got to pop-ups , one for the software and another that looked like it was part of the software, however as you've guessed one was a virus "paytime.exe" some sort of HJ software. anyway i have a managed to find and delete the software via systme32 folder and after running norton,spybot and ad-ware it seems to have gone, although sometimes i get the message from norton saying it has stopped a file trying to gain access, when checking log it says paytime.exe, so im guessing some components are still on my laptop.

ive stopped using my laptop now and was wonder what i can do to resolve this?

heres a few things ive tried.........

ive ran a number of trojan software - still not found any traces
ive restored my laptop to a previous date - but still get the message (norton)
Changed IE settings to factory settings - no luck their either
from RUN i used the command in the cmd section of this site to see if i had a any traces of spyware but nothing appeared in the table so im guessing its safe

ok finally something that is playing on my mind...i went into my add/remove folder and found programs that i haven’t seen before and something weird

1. ok il start the with the weird thing......when my add/remove programs window opens, and normally when you highlight a program you have the option on the right to remove or change , however this option seem to have gone missing on all my software’s, anyone shed some light on that please?

2. These are the programs in my add/remove programs that i don’t recognise

CC_ccProxyExt
CcCommon
CcPxyCore
MSRedist
OpenMG Secure Module
SymNet
SPBBC
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.02

Ive checked these software to see if ive got them on this machine and I cant see them so im guessing they are either something to do with Norton as ive got Mcaffee on this machine or they are part of the virus paytime.exe

any help would be much appreciated.

kelly xxxx

add/remove button?

hiya guys,

thanks for that, il try that but im not sure they will do ay different from norton , spycatcher or any of the other s/w that i have tried, but il give a shot any way

ps . lone.gunman - shell i download the trial version or click on "start" on the left of the screen.

any idea how i can get the remove and change buttons back on my add/remove programs wimdow?

also any idea what them porgrams are for?

cheers guys,

kelly xx

hiya

ive tried that, but its all conflicting information, nothing i can really make any sense of , but thanks any way.

oh, something new ive just noticed all my fonts and display settings have changed , not sure if that was cos of the restore of the IE settings

kelly xxx

hiya guys ,

ive just finished the doing the house check and it picked up 4 viruses and 2 infected cookies

cheers for that hun :0)

im just going to run ewido s/w now

cheers again for all tha help, i know im going on about it now sorry but its playing on my mind ,

any advise how to get remove and change buttons back?

also does anyone recognise the softwares (listed in my first post)?

kelly xxx

Piggs, make sure you boot into safe mode & do a full scan with eWido.
As for your suspected programs:
OpenMG Secure Module
appears legit
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.02
is legit too.
Did some digging on Google for the others, most of them seem related to spyware stuff...etc
As for your button is add/remove programs, you have no button at all? or just remove? not all programs have the change/remove option. If you have no buttons then it's most likely a function of your virus/spyware infection. I think there's a registry key to change...best you get HiJackThis too & run it...

hiya,

before i start rambling on must thank you lone.gunman :0)

ok i had already set the scan off in normal mode (i didnt download it i just clicked on start on the left of the link), anway once it had completed it picked up over 20 files some bad cookies and trojans, when i clicked on remove infected files a pop up come saying "....so and so was ......and had close" it was the box where you get the option to send a report you know the one.

ok i'l download the free trial now and then go into safe mode and run it .

as for the buttons they are not thier at all, for any of the softwares...all i get on the right is the used status (rare, frequently etc) and some dont even have that , but thanks for all that help much appreciated

kelly xxx

Back