Virgin - to this section

srooth

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just crossed over to you from the Modem and d-box section.
Have not taken much time looking at this section before, but as a new year’s resolution it time to have another hobby.

So anyone where do we start - or point me in the right direction.

Hope to contribute to this forum, just get me up to speed. i hope i have so much fun as I have in the other sections.

Happy new year to you all:Cheers:

srooth said:
Have not taken much time looking at this section before, but as a new year’s resolution it time to have another hobby.

Hope to contribute to this forum, just get me up to speed. i hope i have so much fun as I have in the other sections.

ME LIKE VIRGIN :proud:

srooth said:

Well anyway,
Go to http://www.eurovox.tv and get a box, £99 with delivery, next day, connect it to your pC with a null modem cable, same as you would with a dbox2, run the software in the downloads section and do a scan.
Brill, no jumping, freezing great box and picture. Replay box looks better, as you can pause and record TV on this, so might look at that instead.

Well anyway,
Go to http://www.eurovox.tv and get a box, £99 with delivery, next day, connect it to your pC with a null modem cable, same as you would with a dbox2, run the software in the downloads section and do a scan.
Brill, no jumping, freezing great box and picture. Replay box looks better, as you can pause and record TV on this, so might look at that instead.

thanks for that it seems very easy just like the dbox. which software in the download section are we talking about.

i have heard mixed feelings regarding the Eurovox and the replay box as the repaly box seems to stick on the epg and the epg and recording fuction sticks or does not update.

what about the eurovox 3 with the HD in.

also what is the FTA101 AND THE SILVERBOX????

srooth said:

go back before its to late lol

p.s dont waste your money on a replay box but vox2 is great,

welcome m8t

smirnoff_rules said:
go back before its to late lol

p.s dont waste your money on a replay box but vox2 is great,

welcome m8t

i agree dont waste your money on a replay box, they are overpriced with a few problems.
The eurovox is so easy to install and setup, all you need is a null modem cable and the software which can be found in the downloads section.
Word is that the epg problem is being looked into and a fix should be out next month.
I have had my box since november and i have not had a single problem with it unlike the dbox2

I HAVE BEEN MODDING D-Boxes for a few years and they have come a long way and the software.

I need to look at other options out their for my customers.

Could some one point me to the software and the tuts, looked in the download section, which one?????? the quicker i get this up the more fun we have on the forum.

anybody got any readings on what the eurovox can do so that i can breif my self.

Get a replay box mate they are superb why get a eurovox when they still havent sorted the epg yet how longs it been now yes the replay needs a few teething problems but they are getting looked at as we speak least we know people are working on it in my area tw fife the box runs ok but glitches now and agin but if i use box in time shift mode this cures it 100%

scott-ayling said:
Get a replay box mate they are superb why get a eurovox when they still havent sorted the epg yet how longs it been now yes the replay needs a few teething problems but they are getting looked at as we speak least we know people are working on it in my area tw fife the box runs ok but glitches now and agin but if i use box in time shift mode this cures it 100%
can not see how software update is going to stop harddrive bufferting problems?
have to watch a program and having to pause and play to watch the film..vox2 is sound .. but for the family to use replay is crap..u have to agree with me there m8t..

It seems that we have a mixed / dividing line on this topic. If you had to go out and get one which would it be.

Replay Box or Eurovox????? looks like a costly hobbie.

so is their a problem with the epg on the Eurovox. i'm in the Notts, nottingham area pure NTHELL what going to be more stable yes stable, i don't want to be the inkeeper that turns people away from my front door, when they come knocking.

Looking for the fimware and tut for the eurovox anybody.

srooth said:
It seems that we have a mixed / dividing line on this topic. If you had to go out and get one which would it be.

Replay Box or Eurovox????? looks like a costly hobbie.

so is their a problem with the epg on the Eurovox. i'm in the Notts, nottingham area pure NTHELL what going to be more stable yes stable, i don't want to be the inkeeper that turns people away from my front door, when they come knocking.
vox 2 stable and l have full epg but alot havent m8t.luck of the draw

i have been sitting here since comeing in from work. wife pissed off as she has not had any conversation since 6.30.

Must of read around 30 threads this evenning and i'm still confused.

might have to forget all this and return back to the dark side - dbox2

i like the look and function of the replay box and a second alternative to the dbox is the Eurovox.

i have read so may bad comments of the replay box.....in this forum.

i love the functions of the replay box but if i'm going to shed out a load of cash i want it right....

vox 2 is a YES from me as well..full epg in b'ham TW area...i would not get a replay just yet..will wait for the new software.

can someone tell em how to get to the downlaods section, I am a numpty and have never done it b4, please show me baby steps. thanks

Just like dbox section on the first page of the community at the top there is a Downloads link click on that it takes you to the software you need the flashing tool and of course the tuts..easy:banana:

Eurovox 2 Rocks

Easy to set up easy to arrange channels live in bham central no probs with epg albeit a bit slow. Cant Fault the box:FLASHER:

the only thing l have a prob with on the vox2 is a slight flicker on the tv thou the scart lead,so l watch thou the vedio now..l can put up with that,
its a nice box to use,if my wife can use it anyone can.

bobbytoolong, i also live in birmingham, can u attach all the files needed for setting up eurovox and perhaps a little manual please

Back