virgin registration page help

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 250 modem running the infinite firmware on it. The other day I came home from work and was greeted with the wonderful register your modem home page. I thought fair enough I will change my mac address and away I go, still nothing. All I get is the Virgin registration page.
I have read through the other threads on this page and tried pretty much everything including runngin dns fix batch file on another thread. Still no joy.

I have even tried my m8's mac address who lives in a different area from me, but all I get is his name apperaing telling me to register the modem.

Any help and advice would be most grateful.

Thanks

Sparks :Cheers:

think it is your mac m8
i used one that was not useable and thats wot came up changed to another ( sniffed with dw sniffer ) and all was well

Thanks for the advice,

I have just been down a friend of mine and scanned using the sniffer you suggested but I still end up with the virgin registration page with all the mac address I have tried. On the sniffer it comes up with mac addresses and the bundles they are registered to use. I have been searching in the same city fro mac addresses but different areas like I used to.

Has anybody got any other advice on this.

Thanks

if ur using a router try restrating it ,if not disable ur ethernet connection and enable it again,

use ambit tool to change the mac but untick force tftp config and see if that works

I had same problem..................just put new mac from my brothers legit modem (couple of miles away) and it works fine. Strange thing was....................i tested another 250.put on the same mac and it came up with the registration page. How weird was that? Two modems with the same macs..one works.the other has the registration page.

Back