Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

I pay £17 a month vm for 100m. £70 for iptv a year. €32 for real Debrid a year and £12 a year for the Syncler app to run my real Debrid account on. I get to watch everything I want with that and It works out about £316 for the year.
Is Syncler just a frontend or does it do a lot more? Thanks

Is Syncler just a frontend or does it do a lot more? Thanks
It works similar to other Tv/Movies apk’s but has a bit more to it. You add package providers to it and it search’s lots of websites and torrent sites.
You can also access torrents that you may have added to your Real Debrid account which is really handy for me, as I add UFC and Boxing events to my RD account on a regular basis.
You can also login to your Trakt account and access all your content.
All your watched and to watch content is saved. You can use it without Real Debrid or Premiumize but I haven’t tried it without.
It does have a built in media player but I prefer using the Kodi media player with it for the audio pass through. You can use several different media players with it depending on your preference. You can also download content from within in the app to your device or portable drive.
My sub allows five devices but you can pay for more. The only problem with it you have to pay for the sub direct from the dev with crypto or you can pay for it from a third party vendor, which works out a bit more expensive
It’s the best TV/Movie app I have used tbh.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely take a look.

I was paying £42 something for a 350mb and a free sim card with 5gb I think. Called and best deal offered was to reduce to £33. I've said no thanks.

literally the next day, retention team called up and offered 500mb internet and a streambox for £29. (no sim card this time, but didn't bother me as I wasn't using it anyway).

Streambox is very simple little box from virgin, like a amazon firestick. it's like a little freesat box, but you stream. i travel a lot for work, so that is nice little gadget to take with me in hotels where their tv is shite!

I was paying £42 something for a 350mb and a free sim card with 5gb I think. Called and best deal offered was to reduce to £33. I've said no thanks.

literally the next day, retention team called up and offered 500mb internet and a streambox for £29. (no sim card this time, but didn't bother me as I wasn't using it anyway).

Streambox is very simple little box from virgin, like a amazon firestick. it's like a little freesat box, but you stream. i travel a lot for work, so that is nice little gadget to take with me in hotels where their tv is shite!
Quick update on the streambox - travelled this week with it, and it's cleaver enough to know you're not home! Only works at home. lol

For anyone who’s interested 02037436947 is the number for the outbound retention team. They have two teams, one based in Glasgow which is the team who rang me and they where very helpful and there is one based in Swansea. These are the teams who ring you after you have gone through the full cancellation process and will probably make you better offers. I would suggest like @silverdale said and fully cancel and wait for them to phone you or except their initial offers before you cancel if you are happy with them. Either way it is down to your own personal preference. Good luck.
It's good to know this number is legit. I've come across it before, but was never totally sure.

My present contract with VM comprises...
Mix TV
V6 Box
M250 Fibre Broadband
Telephone Line Rental (Talk Weekends)

I pay £51 per month. When I negotiated my last contract, I was persuaded to accept a contract with increased broadband speed. I now realise I was very gullible in doing this.
My needs are very simple. I'm a single householder with a PC and a smart TV (no smartphone) who does not play games, and hardly ever downloads. I'm sure I could manage more than adequately with 50 Mbps.
I'll be pursuing this with VM in a couple of months when I have the opportunity to put in a cancellation.
With that in mind, it's good to know the number 02037436947 will allow access to the retentions team, so thanks to avid for posting this.

Just got email from virgin media. My broadband is to go up by £7 a month as from 1st May 2023 🤬. Think ill cancel, and wait for retrntions to call me back..

Just got email from virgin media. My broadband is to go up by £7 a month as from 1st May 2023 🤬. Think ill cancel, and wait for retrntions to call me back..
Had the same yesterday paying £35 for 250m and a phone line I don't use ,rang them and they've reduced it to £28 till august when my contract ends 😀

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-22-18-40-06-297-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-22-18-40-06-297-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 6
So do we call their bluff?🙂
I'm going to wait until the end of March, then ring to cancel. I think I have until 6th of April. It is a bit annoying as I was supposed to be on an 18 month contract till August, and I'm only paying £15.

Surprisingly I haven't had any notification of a rise yet (sure I will) mine runs out on 5 aug this year. ATM a rival company CityFibre | Homes is installing infrastructure around where I live hope they go live before august.

Surprisingly I haven't had any notification of a rise yet (sure I will) mine runs out on 5 aug this year. ATM a rival company CityFibre | Homes is installing infrastructure around where I live hope they go live before august.
What a coincidence, I haven’t either and CityFibre have just finished installing their cables in my area. Our deal finishes in August as well.

Jog my memory, once I cancel how soon to take out new customer(wife) to minimise crossover.

Why don't you just call them and say unless you get the same deal as a new customer your leaving and see what they say.

Back