Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

thats how i got the current 18 month contract ,dont think they'll entertain me a second time
You will never know until you cancel…
I will be cancelling every time now and then wait for the phone call to see what the outbound retention team offer.

thats how i got the current 18 month contract ,dont think they'll entertain me a second time
just noticed this in the contract so the original 18 month price should have stayed at that ?
This agreement is legally binding, which means we are making promises to each other about the services we provide and how you are permitted to use them. This agreement is for the minimum period set out in this contract. I

Here is a copy of the Email sent to me in January :-

Our prices are going up from 1st March 2022.
However, your prices won’t change until your offer ends

Dear Mr XXXXX,

We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. It means you can keep doing the things you need to do – and love to do – on all your devices. Last year, we worked hard to give you a better experience with us, improving our network capabilities and fixing faults, but we’re not stopping there.

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £8.50 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill.

As you can see, Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends.... If you are on a deal for 18months you do not pay the increase. So whoever told you that you will is wrong.

As you can see, Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends.... If you are on a deal for 18months you do not pay the increase. So whoever told you that you will is wrong.
asked on the virgin forum and got this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-15 150747.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-15 150747.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 15
Yes but were you on a FIXED PRICE OFFER for 18 months, if so, you wont pay the increase until that offer ends.

Yes but were you on a FIXED PRICE OFFER for 18 months, if so, you wont pay the increase until that offer ends.
what are you on about its gone up from £30.50 to£33.75.... the guy from virgin said its part of the contract that they can increase it when they want

what are you on about its gone up from £30.50 to£33.75
I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I thought you said you signed up for a deal in October last year for £30.50 for 18months but then got told you were getting a price increase to £33.75. is that correct. ?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I thought you said you signed up for a deal in October last year for £30.50 for 18months but then got told you were getting a price increase to £33.75. is that correct. ?
18 months at 30.50 and its now increased to 33.75

Okidoki then, all I can say is you must have a different contract than mine as I dont have to pay it and they have confirmed it in my Email that I showed you.

Okidoki then, all I can say is you must have a different contract than mine as I dont have to pay it and they have confirmed it in my Email that I showed you.
yep this is what pisses me off about virgin ,people getting different deals all the time ,might ring retentions again tomorrow and moan about the price increase ,cheers anyway.

yep this is what pisses me off about virgin ,people getting different deals all the time ,might ring retentions again tomorrow and moan about the price increase ,cheers anyway.
Yer welcome, always try to help, sorry about the confusion 🤪

Paying £34.00 M500 then got o2 Sim for £8 a month for VOLT upgrade to 1Gig
Hi

Can you explain this a bit more as i might be interested in this , I have the m50but not on o2 but would consider if it bangs my speed up to 1 gig

18 months at 30.50 and its now increased to 33.75
Hi

Pretty certain that because of the increase then you have the right to cancel which gives you an excellent bargaining tool to reduce your bill.
The way to go is Whatsapp them and tell them you want to cancel due to increase they will then take off the increase money anyway but then you ask what deals they have as you cant afford what you are paying. I bet you will get a far better deal than you have now

Hi

Pretty certain that because of the increase then you have the right to cancel which gives you an excellent bargaining tool to reduce your bill.
The way to go is Whatsapp them and tell them you want to cancel due to increase they will then take off the increase money anyway but then you ask what deals they have as you cant afford what you are paying. I bet you will get a far better deal than you have now
I could try it again but they dropped the price of the contract I'm on now , so not sure ,not interested in TV or the phone just faster broadband

@flipflop63 I would say your deal is not very good tbh. I would cancel and wait to see what they offer. I got lucky and am only paying £17 a month for m100 speed and no phone. I think you should only be paying roughly about £24 for your fibre and tell them you are not bothered about the phone line.

Back