Virgin Media Upgrade

got a dual wan router but it cant handle anmore than 10mb the netgear fvs124g :( and a lack of signal aswell

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

yea thats a crap one you bought mate, i had one too and sold it as quick as i got it, lol, but it is a very good dual wan router if you are only using it to do basic stuff.
You need to buy one that has a wan throughput of at least maybe 50Mb

which one handles 50mb?

bloody netgear cost me £100 tae :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

which one handles 50mb?

bloody netgear cost me £100 tae :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just look for one mate, make sure you double check the wan throughput speed is like at least 50Mb, there are loads on the market, expensive though.

cheers mate all see wot happens cause ave run oot ae signal and they dont deal in green cabs up my way lol so an engineer told me

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i've got that booster lol its brings me up to what i've got just shows u how bad my signal is

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Personally I would go for one that can handle 100MB.

I too had the netgear one, still got it somewhere lol. And it used to run 2 X 10MB fine which is what I bought it for. Never really tried it with 2 X 20MB.

Virmin are releasing 50MB soon, so anything less than 100MB is going to be a waste really IMO.

:)

i've got that booster lol its brings me up to what i've got just shows u how bad my signal is

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i have two of them, one on the line going to modems and one going to tvs, works a treat, infact i have to turn the signal down on it,

i thought about getting another one but didney know if it would be any good?

so does it work?

100mb sounds good but u will need fibre laid into ur house and then a subb for 50mb but cancel after a month mabye? but then how do u get a modem to mod?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

so does it work?

100mb sounds good but u will need fibre laid into ur house and then a subb for 50mb but cancel after a month mabye? but then how do u get a modem to mod?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Re-Sub again, then cancel again there's your second modem lol. (I'd wait until there hacked though first lol)

Or get a family member/friend to do the second for you. (There still not picking there equipment up lol)

:)

so does it work?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

well i can only comment on my own signal, mines was pure crap like -7db on the modem etc, so like i say i fitted the boosters, works perfect.

as far as the fiber getting laid into your house mate i think your wrong on that, its a copper cable that comes into the house, the fiber stops in the street outside the house and the signal converts to copper blah blah blah, or summit like that, lol, anyway, dont even worry about 100Mb for now, lol, the dummies cant even get 50Mb out never mind 100, lol, i would take a guess at 100 being available in 2 years, thats my opinion.

they mite on their new service for the first wee while save them buying in loads then folk not taking it up

do u think the fibre would handle this alot better than copper handles 20mb in some places

wtf will the capping be like?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

well i can only comment on my own signal, mines was pure crap like -7db on the modem etc, so like i say i fitted the boosters, works perfect.

as far as the fiber getting laid into your house mate i think your wrong on that, its a copper cable that comes into the house, the fiber stops in the street outside the house and the signal converts to copper blah blah blah, or summit like that, lol, anyway, dont even worry about 100Mb for now, lol, the dummies cant even get 50Mb out never mind 100, lol, i would take a guess at 100 being available in 2 years, thats my opinion.

it says on the site tho

As we can only bring up to 50Mb broadband to customers using our fibre optic cable, this means that it won’t be available to customers in non-cable areas.

100mb on a dual wan router that can ahndle it or wingate mabye? or pfense?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it says on the site tho

As we can only bring up to 50Mb broadband to customers using our fibre optic cable, this means that it won’t be available to customers in non-cable areas.

100mb on a dual wan router that can ahndle it or wingate mabye? or pfense?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

yes mate, what that means is the people who are subscribed to virgin/ntl through ordinary phone lines cant get it, you need to be in a cabled area, didnt you know that people can get ntl/virgin internet on thier phone line cables ?

yes mate, what that means is the people who are subscribed to virgin/ntl through ordinary phone lines cant get it, you need to be in a cabled area, didnt you know that people can get ntl/virgin internet on thier phone line cables ?

well iam 99% sure thats what they mean

naw mate i ddidnt always been in a cabled area

owell new modem new config file here we come hee hee!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

naw mate i ddidnt always been in a cabled area

owell new modem new config file here we come hee hee!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
yes, even if you stay in a non ntl cabled area you can get ntl through your ordinary phone line all'beit slow as a week in jail, lol

lol

VM adsl? summit else for them to cap sorry traffic manage!!

how do u get a tv package from them?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back