Virgin Media to hit millions with up to £54/yr hike – how to beat it

I'm getting 2mbps on my unlimited mobile hotspot via three.

Good enough for here and shopping...

PS it took me 15mins to get this far lol

pps branson is still a tosser

i have just renewed my contract when i called 150 and followed the leaving option i was offered a £3.50 discount for 6mth just had to press 1, but i locked my self in to a 18mth contract m500, told them i was going to talk talk 500 @ 40ppm
If you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for virgin m500?

@ukbob @Napster

If you have been with virgin for a long time phone 150 and tell them you have been paid off from work and cannot afford it ect

See what deal you can get from them , but just don't take the first deal they offer you

I was paying £52 a month for landline and 100mg

Had to take a new 18-month contract out but now paying £30 not got a email yet to say about the price increase and if i do I'm going to bitch again lol

Just go for it nothing to lose guys ;)

That's what i got ;)

Broadband: Loyalty Customer - Discount

If you are still in contract till 11th Feb @ukbob ?

Phone them on the 12th

@spud1966 i'm still in contract til 19th july...don't know why they've given me until 11th feb to decide!!

mm strange one your still in contract , decide in what ? have they offered you any deal ?

I have to dec 11th to decide if i want to cancel contract or accept £3:50 increase. no deal offered... i'll post email

Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March

Dear Old Codger,

We know a price rise is never welcome, but we’re constantly investing in our network and to help us continue this work, the price of your package will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March.

We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 11/02/2021, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more.

Kind regards,

Rachel Barrass
Director of Customer Service

Just do the 150 and do the polite bitch call m8 everyone is struggling to pay the bills and they should reduce it

@ukbob @Napster

not got a email yet to say about the price increase and if i do I'm going to bitch again lol

Just go for it nothing to lose guys ;)

i got the email telling me about the price increase, i will also be back on the phone, for a discount :)

My discount expired on 23/12 so got hit by £17 rise. I just have 100MB BB with them. I got a phone call from them, best they could offer me was £25 a month. I declined it as the offer on MSE is £93 cheaper over 18 months. I will have to take a package in the Mrs' name though.

Everytime i ring i get the message"We're sorry our team is too busy to take anymore calls,please ring back later"

I wonder why...

just renewed my contract on Monday and on Friday got," Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March ", will be calling back on 150 Monday.

Chaps the best way to get a great deal is to email [email protected] explain how loyal a customer you have been etc etc and say your not happy with your price your paying and someone will ring you , my bill for phone , 200mb bb , 2 v6 boxes full house package was 75.00 that went up to 90 pound , they rang me and dropped it to 55.00 within about 4 minutes lol , give it a try

@ukbob I get

100MB BB
landline inc eve + weekend calls (of no use whatsoever)
Virgin mobile - sim only 5mb data unlimited calls and texts
£34.00 month

tell them a mate of yours gets the above and threaten to leave, it's the way I got it.

Back