Virgin Media to hit millions with up to £54/yr hike – how to beat it

As an existing customer who thrashed out a new price deal last September it looks as though there will be no increase for me....hopefully

My Mrs deal only started in August so we shouldn’t be affected hopefully. It is a bit of a kick in the teeth though under the current circumstances🙄

Would bin virgin but my mrs likes the multi channel record system, haven't found one to replace the v6 box yet.

@Ferret Branson sold his shares in VM to US company Liberty Global in 2013. It is believed he only receives payment for ongoing licensing and use of the Virgin name and logo. Still enough to rebuild he burnt down mansion on his exotic private island.

As an existing customer who thrashed out a new price deal last September it looks as though there will be no increase for me....hopefully
My Mrs deal only started in August so we shouldn’t be affected hopefully. It is a bit of a kick in the teeth though under the current circumstances🙄
It says anyone who took out a deal before 29th June 2020 will receive a price increase.

Yep, August and September are after June 😄

@Ferret Branson sold his shares in VM to US company Liberty Global in 2013. It is believed he only receives payment for ongoing licensing and use of the Virgin name and logo. Still enough to rebuild he burnt down mansion on his exotic private island.

Did he missed that.

He's still a C***

Does not affect everyone,

We know a price rise is never welcome, but we’re constantly investing in our network to make sure you can keep doing everything you love online, on more devices. To help us continue this work, we’re making a few changes to our pricing.

As you currently enjoy a fixed-price offer each month, these changes won’t affect you until your offer ends. When it does, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £4.50 a month. If you'd like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill.

Last edited:
guess who just got the letter ME, well I'm out been thinking about it for a while i will be making that phone call very soon, think i will try BT see what they offer.

We just got our ,new contract started sept 24 2020 , according to the link in email it shouldn't go up till end of contract. We will see

Just had the email,mine going up £3:50 a month.
Will retentions be any good in this case?
I've got til 11th Feb to decide what to do..

Just had the email,mine going up £3:50 a month.
Will retentions be any good in this case?
I've got til 11th Feb to decide what to do..

You could try, the may not up your package if you say you’re leaving.

i have just renewed my contract when i called 150 and followed the leaving option i was offered a £3.50 discount for 6mth just had to press 1, but i locked my self in to a 18mth contract m500, told them i was going to talk talk 500 @ 40ppm

Back