Virgin Media Or Wireless Problem

blueslimshady

Member ++
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue i have, about 4 weeks ago i upgraded from 30 meg to 60 meg, before i upgraded i used to get 32meg through the cable and i used to get 29-30 meg through wireless signal! Anyway i upgraded to 60 meg i checked my cable connection and was getting around 64meg BRILLIANT! then i checked my wireless signal, i was only getting 34 Meg, I rang up Virgin to see if they could offer me any assistance, The bloke i spoke to seemed very helpful, He remote accessed my laptop and straight away found the problem! He said the wireless card i had in my laptop was not upto the job and it was maxed out at around 35 meg!

So he said that for them speeds i would need to upgrade! So i went out bought a Wireless Card 802.11n dual band card i had it fitted yesterday came in ran a line test again, yet again 60meg through the cable, 35 meg via wireless signal now i get no interference as im sat about 2 metres from my superhub! So i rang Virgin again last night to be told that there was no need to upgrade my card as 35 meg is the maximum signal on wifi via superhub? So im pretty annoyed to say the least! ive spent around 60 quid and now im been told i didnt need to! Surely if ive got a card thats capable of faster speeds and the superhub can give them out surely i should recieve better, im not asking for 60 meg but surely 50 is possible?

Thanks In Advance

i had similar trouble , i resolved this by going into the settings of the superhub, and disabling the wifi, i had a netgear router which i connected to my superhub and used that as my wireless router now i dont drop any signal, wifi is better and i dont have any trouble connecting devices to it as previous just using the super hub

Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue i have, about 4 weeks ago i upgraded from 30 meg to 60 meg, before i upgraded i used to get 32meg through the cable and i used to get 29-30 meg through wireless signal! Anyway i upgraded to 60 meg i checked my cable connection and was getting around 64meg BRILLIANT! then i checked my wireless signal, i was only getting 34 Meg, I rang up Virgin to see if they could offer me any assistance, The bloke i spoke to seemed very helpful, He remote accessed my laptop and straight away found the problem! He said the wireless card i had in my laptop was not upto the job and it was maxed out at around 35 meg!

So he said that for them speeds i would need to upgrade! So i went out bought a Wireless Card 802.11n dual band card i had it fitted yesterday came in ran a line test again, yet again 60meg through the cable, 35 meg via wireless signal now i get no interference as im sat about 2 metres from my superhub! So i rang Virgin again last night to be told that there was no need to upgrade my card as 35 meg is the maximum signal on wifi via superhub? So im pretty annoyed to say the least! ive spent around 60 quid and now im been told i didnt need to! Surely if ive got a card thats capable of faster speeds and the superhub can give them out surely i should recieve better, im not asking for 60 meg but surely 50 is possible?

Thanks In Advance

this 35mbit thing is odd.
i regularly see 47mbit through my vermin "N" dongle, via the superhub.
and see 5.5 meg byte (44mbit) downloads reported in download manger from firefox.

I seemed to of sorted my problem, After trying virgin few more times and found i was talking to a brick wall and yet again told id struggle to get about 35 meg wireless using the superhub! Anyway i noticed that my superhub had been knocked back against the wall ( probably by one of the kids) anyway i put it back into its proper position only to find im now getting between 55-60 meg via wireless signal! so thanks virgin its nice to know your customer support team know nothing! lol

Back