virgin f*****g media

hoppy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
what the hell are virgin media all about???? i have never came across a more fucked up company in all my life.. dealing with them in any way is like listening to a bloody headache. every month for the last 8 months i have been on the phone sorting problems out. i never had any of this hassle when it was telewest. i have a 2mb connection with them as part of a bundle package and to be honest ive never had any problems. 8 months ago i got my bill and for no reason at all they charged me for a 10mb connection. 7 phone calls and 3 months later i finally got my money back. then my direct debit changed for no reason and on one month cost me a £30 charge which im still waiting to be refunded for. 2 months ago when i was chasing up my bank refunds the salesman asked if i would like to try the 10mb connection for a month ,free of charge and obligation for all the hassle id been through. i said only if it was for a month and i didnt have to phone up to cancel it. he assured me it would!! stupid me, i really should have known better.it didnt and i got billed again. so now im currently chasing them up again. virgin say one thing and do another. you can usually tell the signs that the salesperson is lying to you as his lips are moving. now i have the problem as many other people are having!! "throttling". yeh from 4pm to midnight+, you can experience your current speed more than half. my average speed based on 6 tests from 4pm onwards was a turbo boosted 0.8mb.. its the motherfucker of all broadband. anyway its now in the hands of the trading standards.
if you would like to drop that bearded, stuttering gimp that runs virgin media you can contact him in his balloon crashing into a mountain or in his boat that went blub, blub im a sub. or even try this address

mr Richard Branson's Office,
Virgin Management Ltd,
120, Campden Hill Road,
London, W8 7AR.

Contacting Richard Branson will have little effect - he has absolutely nothing to do with running VM. They simply bought the right to use his brand and name in their advertising.

True, Bransons company (Virgin Management) is a fairly significant shareholder in VM but Branson certainly doesn't own all the shares even in Virgin Management.

Unfortunately, VM is mostly run now by various bankers and investment people. Thats why its run the way it is. Its all about as quick a profit as possible !

If you want to complain to someone who might be in a position to actually do something, try the CEO, Neil Berkett

Last edited:
what the hell are virgin media all about???? i have never came across a more fucked up company in all my life.. dealing with them in any way is like listening to a bloody headache. every month for the last 8 months i have been on the phone sorting problems out. i never had any of this hassle when it was telewest. i have a 2mb connection with them as part of a bundle package and to be honest ive never had any problems. 8 months ago i got my bill and for no reason at all they charged me for a 10mb connection. 7 phone calls and 3 months later i finally got my money back. then my direct debit changed for no reason and on one month cost me a £30 charge which im still waiting to be refunded for. 2 months ago when i was chasing up my bank refunds the salesman asked if i would like to try the 10mb connection for a month ,free of charge and obligation for all the hassle id been through. i said only if it was for a month and i didnt have to phone up to cancel it. he assured me it would!! stupid me, i really should have known better.it didnt and i got billed again. so now im currently chasing them up again. virgin say one thing and do another. you can usually tell the signs that the salesperson is lying to you as his lips are moving. now i have the problem as many other people are having!! "throttling". yeh from 4pm to midnight+, you can experience your current speed more than half. my average speed based on 6 tests from 4pm onwards was a turbo boosted 0.8mb.. its the motherfucker of all broadband. anyway its now in the hands of the trading standards.
if you would like to drop that bearded, stuttering gimp that runs virgin media you can contact him in his balloon crashing into a mountain or in his boat that went blub, blub im a sub. or even try this address

mr Richard Branson's Office,
Virgin Management Ltd,
120, Campden Hill Road,
London, W8 7AR.

I see nothing have changed. this was standard practice a few years ago with NTL. so much so i cancelled the DD. this means that they have to sort the problem out, before you pay. if you can prove, consistent over charging and errors you can claim the charge for none DD payment back. this time around i resisted the DD option and offered to pay by, standing order (i only use vermin for BB, so the bill should be the same ever month). it seems this is no good, as the cant "take what they like" with standing orders. so i now have a DD, the first sign of problems i will dump both the DD and Vermin and go back to a subbed modem.

i have been down that road too 1 year of it done my head in.
in the end i said if you look at my postcode you will see i live next door to your boss and he go's to the same pub as me and with in 48 hrs it all come to an end.

in the end i said if you look at my postcode you will see i live next door to your boss and he go's to the same pub as me and with in 48 hrs it all come to an end.

HA the power of knowledge, my contract is up in two days, i'll certainly be in touch with retentions, if they wanna keep my ass on board they'll have to offer something magnificent

mega oxkiller..

Contacting Richard Branson will have little effect - he has absolutely nothing to do with running VM. They simply bought the right to use his brand and name in their advertising.

True, Bransons company (Virgin Management) is a fairly significant shareholder in VM but Branson certainly doesn't own all the shares even in Virgin Management.

Unfortunately, VM is mostly run now by various bankers and investment people. Thats why its run the way it is. Its all about as quick a profit as possible !

If you want to complain to someone who might be in a position to actually do something, try the CEO, Neil Berkett

to be honest nozzer im just gonna leave them. putting bransons address up was a laugh, thats all. its a shame though as telewest used to give out a good service. i was just reading up on virgin media on wikipedia and now i see why the service has gone to hell . they have axed all their senior customer service in britain, asewll as reducing service lines. its too much to list but if your with virgin madia you might want to take a look. you might be offended..
truth is branson has a 10% share in it but he is obviously not given a shit if it affects the virgin brand or he would be lookin at the get out cluase. or maybe its because he picks up £8m a year from virgin media. yep a typical business person, lives in a different world with no morals, common sense or idea of how things work in the real world. just him his shareholders and a big bag of our well earned cash for a piss poor service.. WANKERS..

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!! i mean i have had loads more tobl with them!

there the ultimate in frustration i could tear down a house after having to constantly deal with the wet sloppy turds they call customer service
they have all been on some huge diseased rod and contracted a dose of syphilis
thats the only way i can explain there flaming dumb attitude
If i where not to be receiving some services buckshee i would have knocked them and left years ago
put plainly there fooking nob ends !!! i hate that company amongst the highest of all my utility company's aside from the council tax dept at the council
scum scum i only want what i pay for fookfaces

I've had some trouble with vermin but I find if I write down the name/date/time of the dick I speak to and quote that later then the muppets always give me a discount/freebies, try to keep calm and fook them up by quoting the above, works for me.

Muskrat

I've had some trouble with vermin but I find if I write down the name/date/time of the dick I speak to and quote that later then the muppets always give me a discount/freebies, try to keep calm and fook them up by quoting the above, works for me.

Muskrat

Thats a good rule of thumb with allot of telephones calls to companys if they tell you somthing or promise you somthing take there name date etc as muskrat says then you can argue the toss.

Muskrat

cheers muskrat. i have started doing that and it does work a treat. they seem to be more responsive when your quoting their name and number.. nice one.

cheers muskrat. i have started doing that and it does work a treat. they seem to be more responsive when your quoting their name and number.. nice one.

No probs mate,

There's only bother with them when you can't quote back at them, a bit of gentle foot-stomping usually gets me summat off them as well, lol.

Glad I could help mate.

Muskrat

if taking down their name doesnt do anything, you can tell them that you are going to record the conversation right from the start (it's the law).

Did this before with some other company and they were really careful in what they said and got results there and then :)

if taking down their name doesnt do anything, you can tell them that you are going to record the conversation right from the start (it's the law).

Did this before with some other company and they were really careful in what they said and got results there and then :)

The only problem with that is that the other party on the phone (the tard from the callcenter) has to agree to you recording them...if not they can hang up straight away....

the shame of it is that they could be sky beaters if it wasn't for their poor attempt at customer sevices. The technology is there, the will unfortunately isn't.

I experienced very similar speeds when they changed. What was even worse was the speeds that I was getting through VPN. When it was Telewest, I often prefered to work from home as I was able to connect to my company servers in the USA much faster than from the office. When it changed to VM, it was piss poor and quite often lost the connection completely.

I experienced very similar speeds when they changed. What was even worse was the speeds that I was getting through VPN. When it was Telewest, I often prefered to work from home as I was able to connect to my company servers in the USA much faster than from the office. When it changed to VM, it was piss poor and quite often lost the connection completely.

my worst result tonight ever.. it was at 0.7mb .. that was at 11pm.. there should be higher regulation on this..

They must have the worst customer services in the whole of the corporate world We transferred our Bt number to them when we moved house and I could not believe the shambles we were without a tel no for 10 days I am sure a comedy show could be made about the conversations between a Glaswegian with a thick accent and a call centre worker in india who can barely speak english

There call centers are terrible @ best,cant blame the peeps there virgin shouldent farm out,and they charge you for the call if they think the fault is yours.

Back