Virgin, Enter Postcode :(

zach2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
My mate did me a modem a month ago, now im getting
Virgin media please enter your postcode to continue browsing the internet

What can I do???

Thats the first i have heard of that! is the online light on the modem still flashing?

when you say your mate did you a modem did you have a virgin media conenction already set up in the house?

The lights are still flashing
I got no virgin subscription in house

and if your wondering how im online now.... nextdoors wifi :)

change nic mac or...???

i have no stuff to do anything to the modem at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I had a similar prob a while back I think it was taking me to their webpage to register or something anyway as advised above change mac and dont force config. I kept changing mac and wouldnt work until I stopped trying to force config been fine since. I think I also changed usb mac by changing last digit or two even though you probably dont need to. Anyway thats aht I did and Its worked for me.

Regards

I must confess to being a tad lost, I change the mac by changing mac & usb in copy & paste file then use hyperterminal- log in - then paste to host- is that forcing config ?:err:

Sorry for being a tad blonde on this subject lol

This is definately a mac problem as I had this with a new modem they sent me till I got it registered with them

Sinky

I must confess to being a tad lost, I change the mac by changing mac & usb in copy & paste file then use hyperterminal- log in - then paste to host- is that forcing config ?:err:

Sorry for being a tad blonde on this subject lol

forcing the config means if u were given a 2mb mac and u used it to get 20mb, y'know what i mean mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i think forcing the config might be the cause
will give it a shot,

but mine is a strange one,

i took my laptop and modem to my mates place, and it works perfectly fine there
however when i connect the modem at my place, it gives me the virgin home page ? so cant be mac .. can it ?

thanks

forcing the config means if u were given a 2mb mac and u used it to get 20mb, y'know what i mean mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Praise the Lord !! plain speech without dooby boobies,whatsanamits,klinga dongels and ftpip,poo lo

In that case no I aint forcin it

Can I push my luck and ask how do you spoof ?l

had this a few times recently, changed mac and still did it.. tried a few more macs and it worked ok.

Mine happened when misses by accident unplugged the power to the router and it gave me postcode page lol.. wasnt impressed. still as i say changing the mac a few times, nic mac etc..sorted it

I have tried like 8 macs ?

Keep trying ?
here is a little tip... only use macs that has an hfc ip address that begins with 10.xx... ie: only try macs that starts with the number 10.xx for the ip address thats in red

ntl macs ip address should look this 00028A681010 10.68.57.84 cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm

tw should look like this 000F9FBBD696 10.22.59.218 cm-2148-256

u will have a better chance of finding a working mac

here is a little tip... only use macs that has an hfc ip address that begins with 10.xx... ie: only try macs that starts with the number 10.xx for the ip address thats in red

ntl macs ip address should look this 00028A681010 10.68.57.84 cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm

tw should look like this 000F9FBBD696 10.22.59.218 cm-2148-256

u will have a better chance of finding a working mac

Nice hint Gentlex.

Thanks mate

Back