Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

cables.xml contains all the possible Transponder Frequencies for the whole of GB and ROI. It is read into memory at bootup, and it's data is selectiively used when Scanning (by Provider name).

services.xml contains all the actual services (grouped under their respective Transponders) found during a Scan, that are applicable to your local area.

A box runs quite happily without a cables.xml file - although a Scan will not work without it. It will also start up without a services.xml (as Commando 12 etc is, in release form)- hence the popup: "No services found- please execute a Services Scan"

Cheers- AL :)

Nice one appreciate that. I was just curious. Cracking image. :Clap:

Thought the box was a gonner but back in action thanks to this. Appreciate that there's still work being done on lite images.

don't know why it shouldn't restart....

i don't use this img but i guess it's built similar to Als other imgs so check

the profile file in the /etc folder contains
"export PATH="/sbin:/bin:/var/bin:/var/bin/emu" don't understand y it shouldn't and that /var/etc/.evocamd (0 byte) file) exists or .mgcamd again (0 byte) exists or the miniops start section won't know which cam to start.

as u know cams in var/bin/emu 755

try diff ucode i have sum issues with 001A with blank screens 0014 ok and spts mode to off,

the file structure of this img may be totally different so all this may be a load of useless crap;)

cheers

I don't have a profile file in /etc, maybe thats the problem.

File structure is identical to Commando 12, guys.

Jaffa- your issue is probably a memory crash to do with long EPG. Do you have a lot of channels in the 'Unsorted' bouquet? If so, and you're running VM Standard 1 Day EPG, this is what might be overloading things.

In Misc > Zapit Config - change 'Show Unsorted Bouquets?' from on to off then Save on the way out, then reboot. All those 'spare' channels will not then be read into memory by zapit at startup, making life a lot easier for sectionsd to do it's EPG work.

Also, check if your services.xml contains the PVR_EPG channel. If it does, you can try switching to 4 Day Selective EPG mode, which is far less memory-hungry than VM Standard mode.

Tried all that AL, still have to turn camd only everytime it reboots, so I turned timers off so it doesn't reboot.

Sorry for very late reply, I dropped the ball and flashed a corrupt image to it and couldn't get IFA to work with Windows 7. I had to dust the drambox off and use that for a while. I have it back on now and updated....thanks for that also.

I would also just like to say thx to all those that have supplied the images over the years, you have made it so easy for us and also educational.

I took the plunge and installed the image a couple of nights ago and i must say it's excellent, no squeaking and only the odd freeze (up and down the channels sorts this) so i'd like to say thanks to all those involved in creating it. I, also, would like to thank all the guys for there hard work, creativity and determination with the images over the past few years - the amount of appreciation i have for you guys is astronomical so once again a big thanks :thumbsup:

Please ignore the 1st part of post #43 from me. I am a knob, I was looking in /var/etc. I have a profile file in /etc and it exactly the same as previous images. Thankfully you were offline and I didn't waste your time trying to sort out a problem which didn't exsist...daft paddy's eh....lol

Turned of others bouquet, tried all epg options but it still does not have the camd turned on when rebooted.

btw....I am not fussed, just giving feedback, the image is brilliant.

Last edited:
Jaffa- go blue > dbox > red

What cams are listed? If more than one, how many are switched ON ?? Cheers- AL :)

Just the one AL, mgcamd. I tried it 1st with evocamd, then added mgcamd and then deleted evo to see if it helped, after a reboot it just turns it off again for some reason.

It's probably something I done, I will reflash it again so it only has evocamd and then remove others bouquet to see if that solves it.

Cheers.

Started from scratch again and it's working, told you it must have been something I done...:proud:
I now have it fully updated the easy way.

Apologies for wasting your time...lets hope we get to use this for a while.

Thx for your help AL...:Clap:

is this image still working after all chans going off in most areas?

Al, how do I stop the box switching off/going in Standby? I've been through the menus and switched off what I thought would solve it, but it's still doing it? I'm getting earache from the nipper (thus wife as well) as the box is always off when they go use it in the mornings, and then they start fiddling with the Scart switch box! Lol

Any ideas?

It's not 'switched Off', m8- but in Standby, showing the Clock and Date. When it's in Standby, it's hard at work on the PVR_EPG channel, loading all the long EPG for you.

You just press the r/c Power button to wake it up, where it switches to your chosen startup channel (set in the Zapit Config menu).

If this is still too difficult, and you're not bothered about EPG two days ahead or more, then carry out these steps:

1) blue > yellow and delete the Reboot and Standby daily Timers

2) Switch the EPG Mode to Standard VM 24hr EPG blue > blue > green > yellow (or blue > blue > red > yellow if SML has been uninstalled)

3) Reboot. You must do this, coz the timers are still held in memory

Nice one Al, thanks. If you bring it out of standby does it usually show the boot screens? (Black screen, white text with build info)

Anyway, will do what you say, as don't use long EPG anyway.

Ta again.

No, coming out of Standby just switches to the default startup channel (if one is set, and if the box auto-booted prior to going into Standby, with the daily timers).

If you remove the Daily Timers, then it will wake up to the last viiewed Channel. So you need to be careful there (cough!!)

I said a reboot was needed to get rid of the timers from memory. In fact, services > Restart neutrino does the job too.

Testing this image for a week and it's better than +2.0, thank you AL & team for providing these images, the image was stuttering at first but that has stopped and the image is pretty stable. I used to get random freezing with +2.0 and that hasn’t happened yet, touch wood ;-)

HI all, can someone please tell me where i have gone wrong please.

I loaded this image, installed the update file.

Installed the magic files and chmod 755 them in the emu folder.

I then set my location, then tried a scan in services and after about 2 seconds it says Transponderscan failed.

I have been doing this for images upto commando 12 without a problem but it is only the last 7 days this has not worked.

My other boxes in the house with Commando 11 are working fine, but when i attempt as scan it fails and i lose all my channells.

Can someone advise?

Re-check the area you set by using the NetID, Fequency and symbol rate numbers from the commando 11 image thats working fine. I'm in NW London and needed to use Harrow ex c&w for my location.

Check the cam and ucodes are set correctly.
cross check the emu folder with the commando 11 image.
Hope this helps.
Hope that helps.

Hi AL, providing some feedback, overall the +3.0 is great and better than +2.0. It did experience some chirping yesterday and freezing and it was only for a few minutes. There are occasional instances when it will start to freeze for a second and continue.

One strange experience, late in the night I was channel surfing and channels that worked one minute started to say "Error channel not available" when I went back to them. Then it would say that for all channels expect FTA channels.
I performed a channel scan the next day and everything seems to be back to normal.
Cheers.

Back