Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

Dazza, Yweb is in the download rar, you just need to ftp it across. AL was saying there is the option of downloading it if connected to the net but also that it is there if you need to manually input it.

Ah ok, cheers Jaffa. I thought he meant install it and download what I need, but as it's standalone with no 'net access that wasn't an option...

As I said, didn't bother downing it as, IIRC, the last lite image I used had no yWeb so I had to ditch it again and there was little point me wasting anybodies bandwidth if I was going to have the same issues.

Anyway, I shall now download it! Thanks Al. (And Jaffa!)

I still have to restart my cam everytime it reboots, I tried evocamd and after reboot it is still on but doesnt work for me, never really has for some reason.

I still have to restart my cam everytime it reboots, I tried evocamd and after reboot it is still on but doesnt work for me, never really has for some reason.

don't know why it shouldn't restart....

i don't use this img but i guess it's built similar to Als other imgs so check

the profile file in the /etc folder contains
"export PATH="/sbin:/bin:/var/bin:/var/bin/emu" don't understand y it shouldn't and that /var/etc/.evocamd (0 byte) file) exists or .mgcamd again (0 byte) exists or the miniops start section won't know which cam to start.

as u know cams in var/bin/emu 755

try diff ucode i have sum issues with 001A with blank screens 0014 ok and spts mode to off,

the file structure of this img may be totally different so all this may be a load of useless crap;)

cheers

File structure is identical to Commando 12, guys.

Jaffa- your issue is probably a memory crash to do with long EPG. Do you have a lot of channels in the 'Unsorted' bouquet? If so, and you're running VM Standard 1 Day EPG, this is what might be overloading things.

In Misc > Zapit Config - change 'Show Unsorted Bouquets?' from on to off then Save on the way out, then reboot. All those 'spare' channels will not then be read into memory by zapit at startup, making life a lot easier for sectionsd to do it's EPG work.

Also, check if your services.xml contains the PVR_EPG channel. If it does, you can try switching to 4 Day Selective EPG mode, which is far less memory-hungry than VM Standard mode.

Cheers- AL :)

dbox bouquet problem - Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

hi guys i hope you can help, this has been a problem which i can't resolve.
i have tried editing the bouquet via notepad and uploading, but it makes no difference to the order i was channels to appear in (i want to also delete the adult channels)

Now when i have uploaded the bouquet i have created, it seems to show the channels in a random order, not the bouquet order.

i have tried to delete the "adult bouquet" via remote control/menu settings, but i can't seem to get out of the menu, i can navigate through the different bouquet folders, but can't get out of the menu and save the setting, so when i reset the box...it stills show. i have tried pressing different buttons to get out of the menu and the remote, but nothing works...

can anyone tell me the best step to create a bouquet in an order i want and delete the adult channels...via remote or manually...

your help is appreciated thank you

Re: dbox bouquet problem - Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

pressing the home button gets you out of bouquets and it should automatically ask you if you want to save changes.

Re: dbox bouquet problem - Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

ah which is the home button the dbox remote, everythings is faded.
also when i have edited the bouquet manually in notepad, in the past it would make the changes automatically when i reuploaded, but its not anymore....??

Cheers Al and Ren, i've had the Virgin Lite 2.1 since release and it has proved be excellent (thanks again), however i'm starting to get freezing and chirping issues - only on initial startup i may add. I'll give this a go and see how it behaves. Your contibution is, as always, very much appreciated. All for education purposes only of course ;-)

Last edited:
This image seems to have cured the stuttering that East London Ex C&W have at the moment so thanks a lot. Still have high BER's but the image seems to handle this better. So all running fine all apart from my IDE interface that I assume this image does not have the drivers for.

Thanks again to all involved

as stated in my previous post ^^^^^^ i have the Virgin 2.1 lite image on just now, what do i need from this to make Virgin + 3.0 lite work.

as stated in my previous post ^^^^^^ i have the Virgin 2.1 lite image on just now, what do i need from this to make Virgin + 3.0 lite work.

Forget it- file structure is different. Best start afresh with 'Real Magic' from here:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

But you can salvage your services and bouquets for re-use, if you're happy with these. You'll find them in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

Manual Update to version 3.0.1 - 01 March 2010

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your V+ 3.0 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Virgin+ 3.0 only, and NOT for peeps still running Virgin+ 2.1 or earlier!! Reflash with Virgin+ 3.0 please, then update...

Latest Manual Update now available for download in post #1 :)

going to try to get this on the box just now - what is the password etc for Flash fxp with this image? is it still root and dbox2

Manual Update to version 3.0.1 - 01 March 2010

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your V+ 3.0 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Virgin+ 3.0 only, and NOT for peeps still running Virgin+ 2.1 or earlier!! Reflash with Virgin+ 3.0 please, then update...

Latest Manual Update now available for download in post #1 :)

With the scene coming to an end. To all you guys that have made and updated images. Made it easy to us lesser skilled folks. A big THANK YOU!!!

With the scene coming to an end. To all you guys that have made and updated images. Made it easy to us lesser skilled folks. A big THANK YOU!!!

Couldn't agree more, after enjoying the fun and seeing the image development over the last 6 years of the dbox2 it'll be a sad time when it goes....too many plug 'n play boxes now.....and i only just released my img LHC (2), impossible without the guidence and help of the Team Commando and others on ukcvs. Great to be a part of, at least i can say "I was there".......cheers

Cracking stuff Al and co', finally got round to whacking this on today. Really, really good stuff. Love the piss easy add-on idea (manual install) certainly made my life easier and the job much quicker, which meant it was done and dusted before the lad was home from school. Definite bonus, trust me! Get in the way of him and SpongeBob at your peril!!! Lol

One unreleated question though. What's the difference between cables.xml and services.xml?

Cracking image guys, thank you for this, it's perfect for what I want. Very stable and FAST!!

Really appreciate the work you've put into it.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
... One unreleated question though. What's the difference between cables.xml and services.xml?

cables.xml contains all the possible Transponder Frequencies for the whole of GB and ROI. It is read into memory at bootup, and it's data is selectiively used when Scanning (by Provider name).

services.xml contains all the actual services (grouped under their respective Transponders) found during a Scan, that are applicable to your local area.

A box runs quite happily without a cables.xml file - although a Scan will not work without it. It will also start up without a services.xml (as Commando 12 etc is, in release form)- hence the popup: "No services found- please execute a Services Scan"

just to let you know al, finally got round to putting v3 on my squeaky sagem using the gbox support pack for commando, works a treat, this image is even better than v2, no stuttering, well done.............anyways a thaks to all of the top image guys over the years, for help and support, from, gav, cydine, lincsat, renwich, paphosal and many more, its been a blast, never stopped learning, even done my own image with help from gav when the gbox cam first came out, hopefully something else materialises in the future in which we can all get involved................cheers...joe:Clap:

Back