Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
now released for in-house testing on the mothership. Assuming no major defects, we plan on the general release across the boards on Sunday 7th Feb. Watch this space...

Cheers- AL & Renny :) ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manual Update to version 3.0.1 - 01 March 2010

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your V+ 3.0 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Virgin+ 3.0 only, and NOT for peeps still running Virgin+ 2.1 or earlier!! Reflash with Virgin+ 3.0 please, then update...
:)

Last edited:
Paphosal will it be available in 1x too :) hint hint :p

Then I will try both this one and the commando 12 see which my sagem likes best!!

Have used the Virgin Lite 2.1 for ages (most stable i've found) would the new version support gbox cam(I found no freezing with this) ???

Ta in advance

Paphosal will it be available in 1x too :) hint hint :p

Then I will try both this one and the commando 12 see which my sagem likes best!!

As it's based on Commando 12, and is also fully lzma-compressed (so Image Converter cannot convert it)- YES! It is being released in 1x and 2x formats, each package containing the 'common' Goodies Add-Ons kit, for users who can't be bothered to hook their dbox up to the web for easy online Add-Ons installs.

Have used the Virgin Lite 2.1 for ages (most stable i've found) would the new version support gbox cam(I found no freezing with this) ???

Ta in advance

As with all UkCvs / Team-Commando output, this image is FTA only; no cams, keys, roms- same for the Add-Ons, and same for future Updates. But as with C12 and it's predecessors, the benign support for cams is inherent in the image, in terms of menu and startup routines.

So yes, find the g*box support pack for C11.3 that's floating around somewhere, and this would certainly work for C12 and V+3.0 (for testing and educational purposes only, of course- we don't condone unofficial third-party anonymous patches of this nature)

Cheers- AL :)

Sounds great! I take it will use less memory and avoid some of the reebot issues when your memory is maxed. Will defo give this a try, thanks to all involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Some info re x1 image. Loaded quickly, seems very stable pic seems sharper. Applied GBox and so far so good. Will leave it running and will let you klnow result. Very well done to all concerned.
Only thing could you please remind me how to change boot up logo picture. I've searched through menus but can't seem to find it.

Ta in advance

thanks for replying

Sorry I meant to say how to change boot up logo with remote control

Ta

Have you tried with blue button on the remote as this is where it was on the V2.1 lite image, which i don't want to change but may now a new version has been released.

Sorry, couldn't waste 38kb on the excessi baggage of an alternative Boot Logo in this image!

If you don't like the default bootlogo, just swap it for one you do like. I hardly ever see it anyway, coz my box auto-reboots at 05:00 every day, when I'm fast asleep...

Cheers- AL :)

Only just seen this today. Installed up and running in no time at all, connevted to the net and got what I wanted.

Thx AL and the rest of the team. Dbox ain't dead yet so nice to see an update.

For testing purposes I tried out mgcam and it worked just fine, eveything else is is also fine.

Put back to FTA...:proud:

As this is "lite" I'm guessing the answer is no, but just to make sure, does this have yWeb included?

Why not look in the manual Add-Ons pack that comes with the Image? Or the Online Add-On Goodies menu, if your box is connected to the net?

:)

No point me downloading and installing it mate if it doesn't have yWeb, and no, it'll not be connected to the net, hence the questions. Sorry should have made that clear.

No point me downloading and installing it mate if it doesn't have yWeb, and no, it'll not be connected to the net, hence the questions. Sorry should have made that clear.

Dazza, Yweb is in the download rar, you just need to ftp it across. AL was saying there is the option of downloading it if connected to the net but also that it is there if you need to manually input it.

@AL, may have a question for you tomorrow, can't ask today because have only had the image on one day and I need to know if it happens again tomorrow.

Basically...I had to go in and restart the Camd after it rebooted this morning, will let you know if it happens again, probably something I done mind you...as you know I use Mgcamd.

Image is sound as a pound though...cheers.

Back