Village Tales...

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
...yep, I know what you're thinking, another weird post from Dr Strange...

There's lots of little villages around here and I'm off to a kitchen fit, it's on a tight deadline so I could do without some old codger flagging me down. Got to crack on as they say.

But this village has no bus service, no pub, no shop. It must have a telephone box for emergencies but for the life of me I have no idea where it is.

It could be a major emergency so I stop.

Turns out the guy is 85, lost his Missus a few years ago and lost his licence last week. Not really surprised about that as I wouldn't trust him with a mobility scooter. Anyway, the nearest shop is 6 miles away and, to cut a long story short, I went out of me way to drop him off. Apparently, one of the girls in the shop would run him back.

I know, soft shoite me lol

Now, you could 'like' this post but TBH I'm not really going short on 'likes'. Anyway, with a skin like a rhino...

...or you could just check whether any old peeps in your area could do with a hand? After all, we'll all be old peeps one day?

The old dear next door to me doesn't need a run to the shops, she's got at least a dozen bottles of milk on her doorstep.

Omg :Yikes: have you knocked on the door to check on them mate? that could be 12 days of milk not taken in. :(

Omg :Yikes: have you knocked on the door to check on them mate? that could be 12 days of milk not taken in. :(

You're not normally that slow miggy :D

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I think the old dear must be loaded, her lights and telly have been on 24/7 for weeks.
If it goes on much longer I might give her door a knock to complain, some people have got no thought for their neighbours !

Ffs hahaha you coont :roflmao:

Back