Video but no sound on Sharp LCD

scottymo76

Inactive User
Reaction score
All,

Friend just bought a Sharp LC-32SH130K and after seeing my Samsung with Media Player thought she'd splash out on a Hard Drive to enjoy the same

I then gave her a copy of my movie collection but over 75% of them have no sound. Perfect picture but no sound.

All work perfectly on my Sammy.

Any ideas?

Much Obliged for any help.

not sure but on the spec for the tv it says "Player for Divx HD / DivX - NO" so i am thinking this is why you have no sound

DIVX/ etc has nothing to do with it I reckon, As there video formats.

AC3 MP3 WAV are your common sound`formats , check and see if the movies that dont work are AC3 are MP3 etc etc

Then you can narrow the prorblem down.

Also check the sound settings on the TV to be honest Ive never seen this type of problem before.

If your using a HD lead try with a scart etc

i was under the impression that he would need codecs \ DivX to play avi as it's a container format and there use codec to shrink the format so if you do not have the right one then you would sometime get no sound or sometimes no video

have a read of this and let me know what you think

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/multimedia/f/codec.htm

Last edited:
thinking about this a bit more ,if you are using avi files you could use a prog called gspot on the ones that are working to find out what codecs it has ,then check the ones that are not working

you said use a sammy + media player - which type?

what does she have? or is it the telly thats the media player?

Back