Video and STB problems

Steve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

First let me say Great site.

Secondly, if this has beena nswered before then I apologise but I am not at my wits end trying to solve this.

As a very, very newbie I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to video the IT* D*g*t*l progs.

Seems that I can video terestrial ** whilst watching IT* D*g*t*l but cannot seem to set vieo up to enable me to video IT* D*g*t*l progs.

Cannot set video tuner to stb as the moment I switch on stb then unable to access video menu as stb seems to disable that part of video.

Have tried every possible combination of having the Scart and arial leads to no avail.

Anyone overcome this or is it one of those problems cannot be worked round.

Thanking in advance

My STB(Philips) interferes with the video when not in standby mode. Complete bastard!! Have you tried 2 scart leads as I think thats where my problem is just i've never tried yet.

Only worthwhile way is with two SCARTs. From the box, SCART 1 to ** and SCART 2 to video, as shown in the manual.<br />Works very well.

The signals given out by the stb and vcr are of a close frequency and tend to clash. One way round is is by trying the following.<br />1: Menu<br />2: No4 Viewing Preferences<br />3: No2 telly and Video settings<br />4: Look at the UHF channel nuumber (mine was 32 but changed to 31 and re tuned telly and VCR to compensate.) Works well now.

This will stop the frequancies from clashing.

A word of warning. If you change the UHF channel number by too much you may never get the picture to come back on clearly enough to see what you are doing so you will have problems in changing it back again. It happened to me and here is what I did. Dont forget theres no display.<br />Turn box off and then back on agin. Press the Menu button then down arrow key 3 times then press select. Down arrow once then press select. Down arrow 3 times. Now type in the 2 digit number that was there before (31 in my case). Then press the back button. Tell me if this helps.

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: speccy ]

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: speccy ]</p>

Guys whilst u r talking about this i have 1 for u when i record anything on I**D the sound is crap really low, when i record on terrestrial T V its fine, Any ideas?

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: Carpe ]</p>

try replacing the scart lead see if that helps it could be faulty

Back