Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

Hi, here i am with my new viark 4k; i have a doubt since i'm starting to scan for various channel but i am afraid this decoder doesn't support a positioner. With my previous vu zero i assigned to every sat a position, so that when switching to a channel let's say to 19.e when i'm currently at 13e the decoder tell the positioner to move the dish to this stored position (without manually doing so).
Is this possible with the viark 4k?
Thanks!

How are you setting up ?

Under usuals or Diseqc ?

With the Viark you have to go through all the sat positions and tell it to use usuals every sat position. Its not e2

How are you setting up ?

Under usuals or Diseqc ?
I'm in antenna configuration, so under Diseq: usuals should not be setted since we cannot move the motor directly from Viark. Under Disec1.1 there are 16 lnb positions but i don't know if they are what i'm searching for (and 16 are not enough for all the positions)

How are you setting up ?

Under usuals or Diseqc ?

With the Viark you have to go through all the sat positions and tell it to use usuals every sat position. Its not e2
I mean, with the positioner i cannot set usals, my viark is not connected directly to the motor: there's the positioner in between, and only positioner can move the motor (that is an actuator not a HH), but the positioner understands disecq commands but we have to assign to every sat a position (from 1 to 99). Hope it is more clear now, english is not my language as you probably noticed :)

Im not sure i understand what your setup is.

List motor 36V and positioner Vbox what ever it may be .

If Vbox on viark you need to set each sat position to use diseqc 1.2

Im not sure i understand what your setup is.

List motor 36V and positioner Vbox what ever it may be .

If Vbox on viark you need to set each sat position to use diseqc 1.2
Thanks Ferret, i have a SuperJack V-BoxII and Harl 3618 actuator; playing a little more with the menu, just found every sat has a position (so for example Astra 19 is 1 and Hotbird 13 is 2) but selecting the position you can move it with the menu and change the position so it can match positions on v-box!

Thanks Ferret, i have a SuperJack V-BoxII and Harl 3618 actuator; playing a little more with the menu, just found every sat has a position (so for example Astra 19 is 1 and Hotbird 13 is 2) but selecting the position you can move it with the menu and change the position so it can match positions on v-box!
Unfortunately it's not how i supposed it to be...i changed all the order of channels but it seems it has memorized as the first list...so Astra19 was 1 and it took me to p1 in vbox even if now Astra is settled as number 11 on the Viark position. The problem i don't know how the pre settled list was :(

You can change the position numbers on the Viark.

Can you not change those to match the v-box ?

Bit out of my depth here as it been years since i used a v-box and ive no experience of doing so with the Viark.

You can change the position numbers on the Viark.

Can you not change those to match the v-box ?

Bit out of my depth here as it been years since i used a v-box and ive no experience of doing so with the Viark.
Yes as i said i changed position numbers in Viark but it seem that what you see is not what the viark send to the Vbox when a satellite is selected: i "solved" manually moving dish with vbox, than going through he searching menu in Viark, first select usals, on the selected satellite, pressing ok you can store the position, than select Disecq 1.2 and storing again, this way you can match numbers between the two boxes. The only thing is that you cannot give progressive number, so for example 21E is position 14 and 23E is position 3, but it works!

Back