v8s wont reload firmware !

cheers gwyn Is it possible to check that on the packaging when buying otherwise im going to end up with a draw full of cables lol

Why not cut one of your Rs232 cables in half then then cross connect the relevant wires ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for that spud very interesting much appreciated m8

- - - Updated - - -

ive cut a cable in half as suggested by gwyn1 but haven't tried it yet, will let yous know if it works !

well guys I tried it and still the same ! running out of ideas here ! when I buy one of the proper null modem cable will it work or do they need cd software !

good news ! I realised I was looking at the end of the cable around the wrong way , I was looking at the holes face on so the pin numbers were around the wrong way ! so thanks to spuds video last night I have unsoldered all the wires and just wired the 3 as shown in the video , connected it to my pc and yeahhhhhh it downloaded the firmware, im over the moon now ! all I need now is a safe update to use on my usb stick (summat that doesn't brick my box again) and im set ! thanks everyone for all the help im grateful !

Back