Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AJT,

The title of the thread is misleading as it implies Solo2 can accept original images. I think this thread should be closed and unstickied (is that even a word lol) or something!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate
I think it's okay to leave..there may be some users with earlier boxes however I have added the fact the guild is only for the early V1 boxes.
AJT

This thread is old now as it's not possible for a Lonrison solo2 to accept original images. Solo2 SE may accept sunray images but that's about it.

What clone have you got and specifically what image/version are you trying?

Ive got both a FULL SIZE SOLO 2 CLONE and a VU SOLO 2 SE MINI Ive done the FPGA and rs232 update on my full size clone and then when installing original openvix image all i get is black screen???? Have VIX manged to block this?

MY solo 2 SE mini works with the lonrinson open vix hades thats fine :) Was trying to get my full size clone to accept genuine images

Ive got both a FULL SIZE SOLO 2 CLONE and a VU SOLO 2 SE MINI Ive done the FPGA and rs232 update on my full size clone and then when installing original openvix image all i get is black screen???? Have VIX manged to block this?

MY solo 2 SE mini works with the lonrinson open vix hades thats fine :) Was trying to get my full size clone to accept genuine images

If you look at the start date of the thread its dated Febuary 2014 this update no longer allows you to run original images.

It did allow this back in Feb 2014 but not now.

If the lorinson has the v4 update use this image.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/3370/

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to what @Ferret has just wrote, if you get black screen on latest Vix v4 image then post back as someone has just PM'd me to say that their old Solo2 after v4 update got black screen but bricked when trying a really old v2 image.

If you do have black screen then post back whether you directly upgraded to v4 or went up in stages because it's a mystery why some are working and some are not!!!!

Can anyone help me on recovering a vu solo2? I have repeated this procedure on a friends box and everything was fine up until i did the rs232 fix and the DOS window said downloading but instead of the dots counting across the screen only one "." appears and the software hangs??? Now the box appears bricked as it only says "starting" on the front. Any way to recover it?

Cheers

Can anyone help me on recovering a vu solo2? I have repeated this procedure on a friends box and everything was fine up until i did the rs232 fix and the DOS window said downloading but instead of the dots counting across the screen only one "." appears and the software hangs??? Now the box appears bricked as it only says "starting" on the front. Any way to recover it?

Cheers

Why even try it mate this dates back to feb 14

Do you know what model your clone is ? Its not bricked or youd get a red light, try flash a patched v4 image from the download section.

Why even try it mate this dates back to feb 14

Do you know what model your clone is ? Its not bricked or youd get a red light, try flash a patched v4 image from the download section.

Ive tried the hades 12 v4 and it now boots up but the vix logo constantly spins in the corner so its just locking up and unresponsive. Any ideas??? I did the DOS rs232 update on mine and it solved the locking up bit but the file wont send on my mates box it recognises the unit but just sticks at . and hangs????

Ive tried the hades 12 v4 and it now boots up but the vix logo constantly spins in the corner so its just locking up and unresponsive. Any ideas??? I did the DOS rs232 update on mine and it solved the locking up bit but the file wont send on my mates box it recognises the unit but just sticks at . and hangs????

See if you can find an ealier image v2 maybe. Or update it to v4 and then reflash the image

Tried to flash blackhole 2.1.7 to my Vu+solo2 and ended up with blank screen then dead box. Investigation showed I had unknowingly bought a clone. Any way of starting from scratch with an older version pre Vu anti clone upgrade?

Send it back if it's not what you paid for, that's what I would do. How much was it?

hi all,

is there any specific requirements for the cable, rs232 to usb, i have win 7 64 and a cloned vu+solo2 i got second hand, it was stuck on blackhole logo, then did flash update went to hw error then installed early flash 2.0.4 i think now will turn on and getting freeview,

- - - Updated - - -

£50 so not too bad

hi does anyone know if the usb to rs232 cable works? thanks

You think, Sunray Clones are better?
Yes, for the support.

Sunray constantly release images and patched drivers.

Can't say the same about the other manufacturers.

You think, Sunray Clones are better?

Yes sim2 always seem to put their customers first in terms of support they dont sell and run away like some clone manufactures . Look at the reasons ketmp posted there are no other options unless you like grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back