Using External USB Drive

Guys, Whats the current status on using an external USB drive ?

I have a 500GB doing nothing so I thought I might as well put it to some use :D

Thanks.

Using the new custom firmware im still able to play games from internal and external mate, so still seems fine :)

Do the backup managers split the files so they can be stored on the external ?

Did you use the PS3 to format the external drive ?

Thanks.

Nah, just has to be FAT32 hence the 4GB limit on single fles for some games, so just pop them on internal

format it FAT32 on the PC. there are 'PS3 file splitters' but by all acounts they're crap.

Check the compatability list for games, that tells u where to run them from.

Sounds like the external is just gonna be a pain in the @ss :(

Internal is obviously the way to go.

Cheers.

It is and it aint, Its nice to have a load on external, especially if your helping out friends, and take it round theirs to install etc

I always ftp over any games where the file limit is bigger than 4gb, then use multiman to backup onto my external, yes it splits it and its greyed out so you cant play, then I take it to my mates, open multiman on his and copy across, so the external is useful, I only tend to keep games on my internal if they wont play on external, the only ones I do keep on internal are all my singstar games as these seemed to go out of sync when playing from external, probably a speed issue, but they are fine from internal

Hope that helps

Yer thats great thanks.

My internal is only 40GB but I can wipe it and use it along with the external 500GB whilst I am messin with this stuff then buy a bigger internal later on.

Cheers.

Back