used internet optimize utility ???

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Heres one for the internet tech's.

Please see attachement.

I used this program and it gave me these options to go ahead and optimize my internet connection (as you can see).
Thing is, I wasnt too sure about using it in first place but when ahead and done so, what I noticed though is that where it optimized the data transfer and loading internet pages parts, it showed both of the reading it got before it went and optimized them and I did notice that both my reading were higher than what the program changed them too, in other words the program actually lowered those settings a bit.

I dunno if thats right or wrong, maybe they were a bit to high to start with, I dunno ?? Nothing seems to have changed though I dont think, so iam wondering what the heck it changed them for, and I cant change them back either because I didnt note what they were in the first place and I cant see were I would change them in windows anyway.

Maybe someone can advise me on this ?

Cheers : dragon :

Dutcho said:
If nothing seems to be changed, and thats normally the case, then just leave it. To be honest I haven't found a one that makes a noticable difference
tell us then dutcho, lol ??? :)

Dutcho said:
If nothing seems to be changed, and thats normally the case, then just leave it. To be honest I haven't found a one that makes a noticable difference
sorry mate, i thought you said you had found one that made a difference, but you says "didnt", sorry mate, my mistake, i think i need specs, lol.

so, is there any good little internet optimizing programs that are out there that work with cable etc ?

the most you can do is increase the amout of TCP connections per server windows can make, use a prog called PC Booster is has this in its "manual tweaks" option, but its always good to run "auto tune" first, good for online gamers for preventing lag, and when you start a download through IE, you get a stupidly high download speed like 768KB per second however it does drop slowly to a reasonable speed after a long amount of time, windows default is 8 connections, i changed mine to 24, the max is 30 connections per server. hope it helps.

NetBlaster said:
the most you can do is increase the amout of TCP connections per server windows can make, use a prog called PC Booster is has this in its "manual tweaks" option, but its always good to run "auto tune" first, good for online gamers for preventing lag, and when you start a download through IE, you get a stupidly high download speed like 768KB per second however it does drop slowly to a reasonable speed after a long amount of time, windows default is 8 connections, i changed mine to 24, the max is 30 connections per server. hope it helps.
will give it a try mate, how/where do i change those tcp settings, i have a 3mb connection, is that what you've got ?

No i've got 1MB connection, you increase the number of TCP Connections by using the software "PC Booster", i cant upload at the mo im at collage, but i will when i get home, and il pm you the certain something you need for the full version

am i allowed to talk about serials and stuff? cant find where the rules are for this?

No you aint allowed to talk about this......

NetBlaster said:
i will compile the set of registry keys aswel if you want me to
yea go ahead mate, its windows xp ive got by the way.

i used tcp optimizer and set it to optimal settings, dunno if its made any difference right enough, lol, everything seems just the same, bandwidth results too.

ive just used 2 programs to make changes to my registry (i think, lol).
One is tcp optimizer (SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads) which i changed the "maximum connections per server" to 100 and the other program (patch) LvlLord (www.LvlLord.de - Tipps, Tricks & Utilities - News) and i changed the "conncurrent tcp number connections" to 100 also...([DLMURL]http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=4226patch/faq)[/DLMURL].

Are both of these things I speak about here that ive done exactly the same thing ???
And, I dont really see any difference anyway but could changing these setting to "100" cause any problems ???

Maybe someone in the know could advise :)

p.s
I have windows xp sp2 and ntl cable broadband 3mb incase any one needs that info.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
thomson said:
ive just used 2 programs to make changes to my registry (i think, lol).
One is tcp optimizer (SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads) which i changed the "maximum connections per server" to 100 and the other program (patch) LvlLord (www.LvlLord.de - Tipps, Tricks & Utilities - News) and i changed the "conncurrent tcp number connections" to 100 also...([DLMURL]http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=4226patch/faq)[/DLMURL].

Are both of these things I speak about here that ive done exactly the same thing ???
And, I dont really see any difference anyway but could changing these setting to "100" cause any problems ???

Maybe someone in the know could advise :)

p.s
I have windows xp sp2 and ntl cable broadband 3mb incase any one needs that info.
Cheers.
Anyone ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Back