Usb Turntable

I spoze if u mixed it urself it would be ok but cant be a massive file,if Im wrong Im sure Mickie will put us right m8 ;)

you could put it in a zip/rar ;)

upload it to the downloads (ill make a new catogorie)

50MB max

Regards
Mickie D

I developed a streaming "radio station" for a client last summer using flash...

....users submitted mixes which the viewer could choose from and listen to as they browsed the site.

You can get the streams down to a low bandwidth whilst maintaining a decent quality, plus, if you limit the mix to say half an hour, the file sizes aren't too big either.

May be a useful little feature on here?

I developed a streaming "radio station" for a client last summer using flash...

....users submitted mixes which the viewer could choose from and listen to as they browsed the site.

You can get the streams down to a low bandwidth whilst maintaining a decent quality, plus, if you limit the mix to say half an hour, the file sizes aren't too big either.

May be a useful little feature on here?

that sounds great :)

but to be honest i dot think we have enough members that are into mixing it would not get used alot

Most of my old vinyl has been treated rather harshly over the years so I spent some time looking for software to clean up the converted audio. ClickRepair is a java app that does an absolutely stunning job of removing pops and clicks. Highly recommended.

yeah i know what you mean nightowl some of my older records have also been mistreated with youthful-ness lol.

i now use this AM Record cleaner and always have a few spare bottles (4 quid each) and when i play i try to give them a wipe before i mix them.

can i ask how often do you change your slipmats ?

Regards
Mickie D

I've just got the slipmat that came with the deck, but then I'm no DJ or is there some other reason I might want to change it? I'm simply converting vinyl to digital, stuff that'll never end up on CD. That AM cleaner looks interesting, do you buy it off eBay?

If your into your dj ing you would be better with the Final Scratch. That way you can mix the records and use your laptop as a record bag. The usb turntable looks great if you just want to transfer records to mp3 files though.

Bah, whats all this digital nonesense, whats wrong with a pair of 1210s and a tape recorder, lolol.

Though I must admit I did head a little towards the darkside when I bought a pioneer cdj800 a few years back (when they first came out) - great piece of kit but still dont think you can beat a 1210 though.

just looked at the final scratch kit :), looks interesting.

the only thing is i have coming on 2000 records and where will i get the time to put them all on mp3 :(.

@edcase i know where your coming from but a tape recorder lol

Well for LP's, you can record them at 45 and then adjust the timebase back to 33 in software. Not a huge saving but x2000 might make a difference :) Not sure how that affects the quality of the recording though. Of course for my Dad's 78s the reverse is true, plus you need a special stylus.

just looked at the final scratch kit :), looks interesting.

the only thing is i have coming on 2000 records and where will i get the time to put them all on mp3 :(.

@edcase i know where your coming from but a tape recorder lol

The easy bit is buying the final scratch i suppose the hard bit is getting all the tunes onto your hard drive!

scott i am really deabating getting one of these pal

i was thinking i like to mix my records but some of them i want to not be playing if you know what i mean and this will keep them safe in the record box... i already buy extra plastic sleeve for all special records but playing is what makes the record deteriate.

so maybe end of the month ill get one

how about

i would have thought buying an external sound card and a phono to jack plug cable would be the cheapest option

soundcard here >>> http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=10702

phno jack plug here http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...lin&U=SearchTop&T=MINI JACK TO PHONO&doy=11m4

then just concet the output on your mixer to the input on the external soundcard

should cost you about 40 quid altogether unless theres a cheap external sound card on ebay or something

oh i just found this and its even cheaper

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=691060&category_oid=

these options are asuming that u already have dex and mixers hehe

Last edited:
Back