[Urgent Help] ..... I cant recover my 7000hd

fazz

Inactive User
Reaction score
After getting the f100 error I decided to buy a rs232 cable and do the recovery tool for the first time.

When I select chose file on the download.exe program and switch the stb back on, nothing happens! the progress bar doesn't move.

please help!

Ok lets start, please tell me what type of PC your using also does it have a 232 socket or are you using a usb to 232 adaptor?

I am using a dell laptop and i am using a usb to serial (rs232 9 pin) cable.

I am using a dell laptop and i am using a usb to serial (rs232 9 pin) cable.

Ok mate two points here, first the cable needed is called a "null modem" cable it's female to female NOT male to female as normal rs232 cables are. The second problem is those usb to 232 converters can be a pain to install on a laptop, can you get hold of a PC with a 232 socket on? these work every time.

So how would a PC work? does the usb go into the spiderbox and the rs232 into the pc? and also I found it hard earlier to find the driver on pc whereas on the laptop it was automatically found.

If you have a PC with a 9 pin socket (sometimes marked 232 or serial or 01010101) you just need a null modem cable these are 9 pin female to female cables with internal crossed over connections. A 9 pin male to female cable will NOT work, please describe your cable for me.

Lol sorry I dont really understand the null modem cable,

ok my cable is a usb to 9 pin rs232 with the pins sticking out( not sure if that is male or female lol), so when i found this out I bought a gender adapter which had 9 holes on either side in order for it to connect with the spiderbox.

No mate get a null modem cable and with luck we will get there, if you in the Yorkshire area bring it to me and I'll do it for you. Should take about 10 minutes.

Thanks for the offer but im in the south east

anyways, I will go and buy one tomorrow, what should I do after I have ?

Correct cable and it's a small world my father was brought up in seven oaks and I still have an uncle living there.

Thanks alot mate, will contact you once I receive the cable.

No problem, a desktop PC would be best but dont worry we can use a laptop if we have to it's just sometimes the usb to 232 converters can be difficult to install.

Hi there, I have just received my null modem cable and I have a PC with the rs232 slot.

I placed the cable into both my PC and spiderbox and screwed the things in. I went to download.exe ; com port1 was connected so I selected the file and switched on the stb but STILL NO PROGRESS BAR!! :(

Could you please help me out.

My mate gave me a 9000HD yesterday which has the f100 error. I have treid to force boot it but it stays on f100 and progress bar sits at 0%. I read somewhere that it may be possible to flash the box from a working one but I am not prepatred to risk my own 9000HD on this rumour. Any thoughts guys?

Back