Win 7 Fresh install of windows 7 64 bit ultimate won't update

Never seen that before, are you using version 10.2 ?
This program requires you to first use updategenerator.exe to get files then updateinstaller.exe to install them,
when you run the update generator make sure you select windows 7 and x64 to download the correct updates for
your version of windows,
If thats what you done then I dont know anymore
Dont select create iso image and dont select usb medium

Never seen that before, are you using version 10.2 ?
This program requires you to first use updategenerator.exe to get files then updateinstaller.exe to install them,
when you run the update generator make sure you select windows 7 and x64 to download the correct updates for
your version of windows,
If thats what you done then I dont know anymore
Dont select create iso image and dont select usb medium

thanks papa, it worked this time, windows updater working again. thanks all for your help

Was having similar issues with a fresh install on my wife's pc.
It's quite old pc now. Updated drivers with driver booster pro. Did nothing

Found autopatcher worked best for me very user friendly system and only 1 reboot on 365 updates lol

ive always turned auto update off, reboot pc then turn back on.. updates will show up.

I have recognised that it helps to switch the Update Service on and off...
Just open the Command Line with administration rights ("Search" type "cmd", then right-click, Run as Administrator).
Then type: net stop wuauserv
Wait for successful message.
Then type: net start wuauserv

Hope I could help.

Re: Fresh install of windows 7 64 bit ultimate won't update

Why don't you just format the drive and stick a fresh version of windows on there

Normally windows 7 is very good with drivers

I had a little search but couldn't find a windows update package

But I found these if they are any good to you

i tried this put windows disc in set it for uk an then iget an error no drivers found ????

have you tried going into the controlpanel and restarting the windows update

The last 3-4 installs I have done on different machines have all had this....
I leave the updates running and it normally takes 12-18 hours and then it finds the updates - normally over a gig presently. I did a google when I have it and there was a lot of talk about it being a known issue and yeah it does drive me mad but if you leave it overnight it will find them and install them.

microsoft FIXIT it fixed my pc once would no longer even boot so I am mindful of using that anymore as just duz its thing without really telling what its doing in my case

I had the same problem, I got it fixed by updating the .net framework.... once I got that done I let it update to windows 10, so I can’t really check it now... so I’m trying to guide you from memory.
I tried all the fixit from Microsoft but none worked. eventually I found a tutorial on line about updating your .net framework as the old version is no longer updating (ps Microsoft only support win7 SERIOUS security updates, this is to encourage peeps to jump on the win10 bandwagon)
anyway from control panel delete the old .net framework X2 and in order. and install the new then update till windows 10

not sure if you found your answer or not but just in case.
right click computer
left click properties
left click windows updates
left click change settings
select NEVER check for updates
restart pc
change back to automatic check and install
restart pc
try again
this resets the proxy checker to 0 and allows the https to auto populate.
hope this helps.
ps. side note
if date and time or time zone are incorrect update will fail or hang.
So check that as well.

theres a good tool you can download called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair. You should give it a go

I had that problem recently when i built my new system.
Windows installed fine. Updated once or twice then froze after installed the malicious removal tool and the genuine copy check update.
My fix was to install .net framework 4.1 manually from microsoft themselves.
Install service pack 1 before updating anything else.
I then left my pc overnight checking for updates manually.
Woke up to 255 approx.
Windows installs an update that works silently in the background. I forget what the update number was but once that installed it worked fine.
I'll try find the file i used to extract important updates manually and upload it for you or others to use.

Try this offline installer as well if you get stuck
http://download.wsusoffline.net/wsusoffline1073.zip

Last edited:
I had that problem the last couple of times I installed win 7. Cured it by running microsoft update standalone package. Select the correct one for your system.

Attachments

• Windows6.1-KB3102810-x64.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Windows6.1-KB3102810-x86.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
i have same problem where my sony vaio wont scan for new updates

Back