Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, only now I read the timebomb.
My clone is dead.
Can I restore it somehow?

Hi AJT,

I got some clone boxes from my suppliers: v1 and v2 models.

Firstly v1 models indeed got stuck (HW Error) with BH 2.0.9 untouched images, but thank to your method it now flashes successfully with 2.0.9 untouched image.
But, now that it contains the untouched 2.0.9 image, if I want to flash with 2.0.9.1, do i need to redo all the exercise or can i immediately flash from 2.0.9 to 2.0.9.1 ?

Is there a timebomb in 2.0.9.1? Would that mean it can work but after several days or months it will crash?

Thanks for the feedback.

Ps: In the beginning, when updating the FPGA (from BH 2.0.9), i got the message error "can't found device file". I solved this issue by flashing back to 2.0.7. Hope this will help to somebody.

++

Hi mate i have not long posted a vix Helios clone safe image with old drivers..This should be okay and avoid the timebomb if the drivers are not updated.

i have proplem with my solo2 the flash is dead all flash i need help plz.

i have proplem with my solo2 the flash is dead all flash i need help plz.

read the posts most people's are dead
No one can help you fix at moment.
Contact you supplier and see what they can do for you.

Only solution at moment is to order a new flash chip, unsolder old one and solder new one.

Hi. I am new to VU+ Solo2 box. History is short as before easter I got my clone with BH 2.0.9 installed.
I saw the upgrade to 2.0.9.1 and I did.
Box failed and I got sent new chip from China. The chip is replaced today and the box works again. The image is an older version, BH 2.0.6 build 2013-09-20.

The upgrading you discuss here, can this fix and let the box accept original untouched images?
If so, does it need to be a specific image installed prior to this upgrade?
Please help me understand more as I like the box and want to experiment more with it.

signal

Hi. I am new to VU+ Solo2 box. History is short as before easter I got my clone with BH 2.0.9 installed.
I saw the upgrade to 2.0.9.1 and I did.
Box failed and I got sent new chip from China. The chip is replaced today and the box works again. The image is an older version, BH 2.0.6 build 2013-09-20.

The upgrading you discuss here, can this fix and let the box accept original untouched images?
If so, does it need to be a specific image installed prior to this upgrade?
Please help me understand more as I like the box and want to experiment more with it.

signal

I would not update to the so called "v3 update" it's not confirmed to be fully working and the Chinese are saying it's for "solo" model and they will release update for Solo2 in the next few days... so they say lol

Thank you. When it comes, I hope it will be noticed here.

on no accounts upgrade firmware on any clone model as those drivers of 2014 caused all that grief and boxes died,will the Chinese say its 100% again??

I got info from my Chinese supplier today.
All new boxed that they sell from now will accept the genuine SW and you may upgrade to what you like.
My box, delivered before easter, can just be upgraded to BH 2.0.9. (Not 2.0.9.1)
They say nothing about a later fix for my box..

Hi.
I have been reading all about this update.
I have PC with original serial port and it is COM1 set.
Vu+ Solo2 box.

Have changed the chip and the box came back with BH 2.0.7.
I have downloaded the update tool from here: VU+ and X Website --- Home
The cable that came with the box was bad marked. only one end was marked with: "DB 9 pin - (1)"

Running the update, black window is up. turning on the box and it just starts as normal. No info came in the black window on the computer.

So I wonder what kind of cable is this that is needed? Is it just a serial cable with one end converted to what we call a "null cable" same as is needed for a Dreambox to fix it with "dreamup"? If that is the case I may have one somewhere in the house.

Other matter, can the drivers be found to check the status?

Glad for comments.

Hi.
I have been reading all about this update.
I have PC with original serial port and it is COM1 set.
Vu+ Solo2 box.

Have changed the chip and the box came back with BH 2.0.7.
I have downloaded the update tool from here: VU+ and X Website --- Home
The cable that came with the box was bad marked. only one end was marked with: "DB 9 pin - (1)"

Running the update, black window is up. turning on the box and it just starts as normal. No info came in the black window on the computer.
So I wonder what kind of cable is this that is needed? Is it just a serial cable with one end converted to what we call a "null cable" same as is needed for a Dreambox to fix it with "dreamup"? If that is the case I may have one somewhere in the house.

Other matter, can the drivers be found to check the status?

Glad for comments.

Ciao e questo aggiornamento ha funzionato per vu solo2 clone??? Che immagine hai installato dopo???

English please
Hello and this update has worked for vu SOLO2 clone?? Image that you installed after

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem now, update did not finish and now its only HW error. Is there still no fix for this?
I see there are no warning about this either when downloading the file.

Will these instructions still work with the Chinese clone box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back