Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Estimated AJT: Where to see the version of clone? ie where V1 or V2 check?
P. D. beg pardon my google translation

Estimated AJT: Where to see the version of clone? ie where V1 or V2 check?
P. D. beg pardon my google translation

you can not.All you need to do is flash a genuine untouched image..if you get H.W then you know..simples

Arrived. Had a nightmare getting signal from coax. Ha ha. Mind you when I look at sat feeds shows 0% snr. Yet when I flick along manual/predefined etc.. Both go to around 95%. This normal? Just tried flashing zeus 022. Got stuck on ubifs. So now looking around for other use sticks as nothing obviously boots.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Arrived. Had a nightmare getting signal from coax. Ha ha. Mind you when I look at sat feeds shows 0% snr. Yet when I flick along manual/predefined etc.. Both go to around 95%. This normal? Just tried flashing zeus 022. Got stuck on ubifs. So now looking around for other use sticks as nothing obviously boots.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have had it sticking on ubifs on my genuine boxes..I just format USB stick to fat32 unzip download again copy to USB then eject USB from computer rather than just pull it out then it always seems to work then...

Ended up changing USB Stick and it worked. Vix Zeus 022 atm.. running perfectly. Had to adjust screen positioning but other than that, it's fine! Happy days. Strange getting to know the button and operations of a different image with the remote etc. But so far so good. It came with Blackhand 2.0.9 on too.

Now all I need to do to see if I can make the font on the front display smaller so everything always fits on. ATM - 401 - Sky Sports 1... You see about "401 - Sky Spo" which is annoying.

Now all I need to do to see if I can make the font on the front display smaller so everything always fits on. ATM - 401 - Sky Sports 1... You see about "401 - Sky Spo" which is annoying.[/QUOTE]

remove channel numbers and it should fit fine..you can not as far as i know change/adjust front display as its skin dependent you need to arrange channel lists so they fit..use rats bouquets and no numbers all will be good.

Ended up changing USB Stick and it worked. Vix Zeus 022 atm.. running perfectly. Had to adjust screen positioning but other than that, it's fine! Happy days. Strange getting to know the button and operations of a different image with the remote etc. But so far so good. It came with Blackhand 2.0.9 on too.

Now all I need to do to see if I can make the font on the front display smaller so everything always fits on. ATM - 401 - Sky Sports 1... You see about "401 - Sky Spo" which is annoying.

Nice one DarrylJ,been waiting for your feedback before I took the plunge,took along time coming but seems worth the wait?

Hi AJT,

I've ran through your procedure on my vu+ solo2 clone. Everything seems to work. i.e solo2_fpga_usb_updat.dat & update.exe with the com port connected to the STB (update successful). But when I then when I try to re-flash the latest vix zeus image, I still get a HW Error.

The only difference in what you do and what I do is that when you load the firmware "solo2_fpga_usb_updat.dat" you start with a BlackHole Image and I start with a Vix3.808 image.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RTO

Hi AJT,

I've ran through your procedure on my vu+ solo2 clone. Everything seems to work. i.e solo2_fpga_usb_updat.dat & update.exe with the com port connected to the STB (update successful). But when I then when I try to re-flash the latest vix zeus image, I still get a HW Error.

The only difference in what you do and what I do is that when you load the firmware "solo2_fpga_usb_updat.dat" you start with a BlackHole Image and I start with a Vix3.808 image.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RTO

I have found this works best with VIX 808 clone safe image by AJT installed before you upgrade.
USE SERIAL CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE BOX TO COMPLETE STEP 2...

wondered as the null modem cable was used for flashing many boxes with the cross over wire and serial is straight wired,easy to get confused lol.

seeing reports on many forums of boxes bricked and redlight issue on different images clone receivers as vu solo2 and mini solo,hold fast on updating to new zeus or helios.

Last edited:
Hi

Your the main guy and you provided great support before, so I thought forget everyone, im coming to you.

Basically my vu solo2 became dead today due to a clonebomb. my seller told me it supports original images, well it didnt since this happened.

1) if I use that method (http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-so...lo2-clone.html)
Would this clonebomb ever happen.

Im sure you know what a clonebomb is, but if not, its bascially to do with drivers being new and after a time period it causes box to crash, and wont switch back on.

2) I want to download the your clonesafe image vix 808 (would this cause a clonebomb?)

box reports from the ones that died were on latest images 2014 i hear,all my original boxes are on 808 so ok there,question if using or not using the upgrading tool to use new images is where did it come from,built into box?
how many that used this way and box died ??
how many did not use this and box died ??
how many only got the box and it died ??
nothing can be said yet 100% drivers are the cause as no originals have died yet.
if your box is dead contact your seller
if you had the clonesafe 808 think thats safe.
who updates boxes online can nasties appear from there?

box reports from the ones that died were on latest images 2014 i hear,all my original boxes are on 808 so ok there,question if using or not using the upgrading tool to use new images is where did it come from,built into box?
how many that used this way and box died ??
how many did not use this and box died ??
how many only got the box and it died ??
nothing can be said yet 100% drivers are the cause as no originals have died yet.
if your box is dead contact your seller
if you had the clonesafe 808 think thats safe.
who updates boxes online can nasties appear from there?

Hi

I will pass some wisdom on to you from what I have found out so far, AJT has also confirmed that his box and my box died from using original images, it is the drivers yes. Doing the FPGA process did not help - not sure exactly what it does. But one thing is for sure, as you say yourself clonesafe 808 working marvellous.

Not sure if there is a big difference between 808 and helios 001 - worth upgrading even if it works?

Hope that helps.

Hi

I will pass some wisdom on to you from what I have found out so far, AJT has also confirmed that his box and my box died from using original images, it is the drivers yes. Doing the FPGA process did not help - not sure exactly what it does. But one thing is for sure, as you say yourself clonesafe 808 working marvellous.

Not sure if there is a big difference between 808 and helios 001 - worth upgrading even if it works?

Hope that helps.

If you have a clone and it is still good then all you need to do to be safe is use images with drivers before 16/12/13 until we find out what the score is..all my clone safe images are good but do not update.

If you have a clone and it is still good then all you need to do to be safe is use images with drivers before 16/12/13 until we find out what the score is..all my clone safe images are good but do not update.

Your absolutely correct. Tried and tested, working fine.

if it was the vu drivers why have no original boxes died and as the clone box could take original firmware when going through the special steps to check first,will it ever be found out what it was?

if it was the vu drivers why have no original boxes died and as the clone box could take original firmware when going through the special steps to check first,will it ever be found out what it was?

The clones will have a slightly different hardware setup or something in the build done at vu factory i guess that can be detected or not depending on what it is by the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back