Upgraded files.... vb version... please read

pages and whole site seems to be running and loading pages alot quicker for me, using firefox 3.6

I think the thanks button is OK for just acknowledging a post in someway instead of replying to it and filling the database up with another post just to say 'nice one' or what have you.

You're always going to get people who see thanks, rep or post count as akin to a high score on Space Invaders, just thought it was handy and convenient myself.

I agree mate, a quick and convenient way to acknowledge your in agreement with or find amusement in someone's posts with out having to post yourself, I was against it coming back the last time, but think it's quite a good tool to have.

and plus I've a few thanks to give out and you can only give out so much rep in a day, I'll be here for ever. :proud:

I hate this skin. :Angryfire

:Cheers:

Everything will come to those who wait ;)

I am not rushing in and putting everything back.

I can work out what is causing what problems this way.

Site is running much better I have had no errors in the error log files :)

This is really good news as I used to get allot of errors - due to time outs and buffering files.

Mickie

Should be much better now the logs are showing a 80% increase in page loading times and completion of scripts where before it was hanging and timing out.

Regards
Mickie

Should be much better now the logs are showing a 80% increase in page loading times and completion of scripts where before it was hanging and timing out.

Regards
Mickie

Time to pour yourself a large one and chill out. :Clap:

no no Nara dont stop him now ! he's on a roll ;)
:lol:

Ok Mickie this is your last chance, either you bring back the SB or I am going to post the pictures of you with the Black & Decker drill (on hammer setting) and the plastic fist.

Don't worry Mozr I will 'fuzzy' your face out pal.

Ok Mickie this is your last chance, either you bring back the SB or I am going to post the pictures of you with the Black & Decker drill (on hammer setting) and the plastic fist.

Don't worry Mozr I will 'fuzzy' your face out pal.

The shoutbox was the last mod I wanted to add back so might be a few days :(

Regards
Mickie

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the branches of the forum no longer work. If you try going back using the branches, it just takes you back to the main forum.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Can you give me a link please janobi ?

When you say branches do you mean from the navigation bar at the top ?

Regards
Mickie

I think he means new tabs general/technical
someone else mentioned it to me but it slipped my mind

There is no link to the realtime posts page in quick links at the min, but there is a realtime posts page. Having said that, it doesn't seem to be working properly?

Realtime Posts

Can you give me a link please janobi ?

When you say branches do you mean from the navigation bar at the top ?

Regards
Mickie

Yeah, the stuff at the top. The branches that come up as you go into each section, if you click an earlier one it just goes back to the first page of the forum. Also you cannot access anything but the general forum on tapatalk.

Digital World Cable Satellite Console Forum > Digital World Introduction > Site Feedback and Suggestions > Upgraded files.... vb version... please read
Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Thats the thing I am on about.

Tapatalk is out of my control as its made by them, I could ask them to fix the subforums problem.

I have left a message on the VBSEO site about the subforums and DIRECT LINKS.

Hoepfully they can fix that issue (branching links)

Mickie

Micky D the term i think ya looking for is "breadcrumbs"

seems the SEO mods are "#" out the start of the forum links in the breadcrumbs, which is causing the php scripts to deafult to the home page :)

good be a bug with the SEO and the new Vbullitin version

Tapatalk is out of my control as its made by them, I could ask them to fix the subforums problem.

I have left a message on the VBSEO site about the subforums and DIRECT LINKS.

Hoepfully they can fix that issue (branching links)

Mickie

Micky D the term i think ya looking for is "breadcrumbs"

seems the SEO mods are "#" out the start of the forum links in the breadcrumbs, which is causing the php scripts to deafult to the home page :)

good be a bug with the SEO and the new Vbullitin version

Although I understood none of that, a big thanks anyway.

Back