iPhone Update to 5.1.1 problem

baggy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well after the good news of a 5.1.1 jailbreak i thought it would be a good time to update my 4.3.3 iphone 3gs.
Transfered all my purchases in itunes and did a backup.
Updated to 5.1.1 and restored.
Somehow i have 0 contacts in my phone now :( Have done multiple restore from backups but still no contacts. I have text msg's off people, but just there number, not there name.
I downloaded iBackupBot (im on win xp) to have a look at my itunes backup and all my contacts are in there, they are just not showing up on my phone?
Has anyone any ideas how to get them to show?
Thanks Ian.

Have you just tried syncing the phone with contacts ticked under connected devices?
did you have icloud backing up your contacts?

Found this article, it's got several possible solutions. Help: After iOS 5 Upgrade Lost my Contacts
Seem to remember this happening to me when I upgraded to ios5. When I turned on off iCloud they all suddenly appeared again

I found that one aswell, but it didnt help me :(
When i upgraded to 5 i turned icloud off straight away so it couldent of synced that way.

That does look like a mission lol, any other ways lol

This is a common problem, you can get your contacts from your backup using iPhone Backup Extractor.

Alternatively just back then up (referring back to 4.xx) using iSpirt.

What i did was -

Jailbroke my phone on 5.1.1

launch 'iTunes Backup Extractor' on your PC. Click the Expert Mode button, and Navigate to and click the checkbox next to Library->AddressBook->AddressBook.sqlitedb, and click the Extract Selected button to copy the file to your PC.

Then it says do the following -

1. Using iFunBox, navigate to Raw File and copy com.apple.AddressBook.plist and com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist to your computer.

2. Using iFunBox, delete com.apple.AddressBook.plist and com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist from your iPhone.

3. Power off and restart your iPhone

4. Using iFunBox, copy your AddressBook.sqlitedb into the iPhone at Raw File System/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

5. Using iFunBox, copy the com.apple.AddressBook.plist and com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist from your computer back to the Raw File System/Library/LaunchDaemons folder in your iPhone.

6. Power off and restart the iPhone, and enjoy your restored contacts

Note, i never did parts 1, 2, 3, 5. as System/Library/LaunchDaemons directory was empty.

Back