UPC Ireland now sending out new cards

so is the 142 n2 or n3 .......

I'm not sure N1, N2 or N3 exist from Kudelski's point of view. The systems are all just linear developments of the Kudelski system. I suspect N1,N2 and N3 are more hacker labels than anything else.

I'm not sure N1, N2 or N3 exist from Kudelski's point of view. The systems are all just linear developments of the Kudelski system. I suspect N1,N2 and N3 are more hacker labels than anything else.

lol very true the real name is aladin think the n1 n2 and n3 just came from people on sat forums or hackers for short have only been using it as people on here keep saying it and i dont think they will change

and for anyone that did not know here is the three real names what they use well so a post on the net said Nagravision, Nagravision A and Nagravision Aladdin.

Last edited:
Looking legit and being legit are 2 different things Cisk .. lol

2tone, the 142 180 and 206 seem to be more advanced than N2 .. but I read somewhere that they have different processor cores than the 24x so theyre not quite N3 either. lol
I have heard them refered to as N2B.. Unless someone opens them and studies the code nobody will ever know how alike or different these things are.

thats what i could not understand till i had a better look and i see there was go1 this rom is go2 but on any of the usa forums its named as n2

From a practical point of view it doesn't really matter one way or the other whether its N2 or N3 (or whatever you want to call it). All you really have to know that each revision that Kudelski issues gets harder to crack than the last version !

lol true!

I do think a crack is on the way though! the amount of people that must be working away on nagra 3, someones gonna come up with something! god people really do love watching tv lol

lol true!

I do think a crack is on the way though! the amount of people that must be working away on nagra 3, someones gonna come up with something! god people really do love watching tv lol

thats what they said about nds lol and still there is no public hack so there might be a big wait a head , also not every provider will be using the same card so the chance of them being able to open all the different cards a round the world is a long shot or some one is going to have to put up a lot of money or be able to get there hands on some nice tools to even try and get in to one

From a practical point of view it doesn't really matter one way or the other whether its N2 or N3 (or whatever you want to call it). All you really have to know that each revision that Kudelski issues gets harder to crack than the last version !

yep and from going from what has been said about this new card its not going to be easy people have been trying for a while with it time will only tell

looks like the time is up for nag 1 in ireland got it from the horse's mouth
the 7 april the big switch over to nag 2 or 3 or the new cards .
not looking good .might be big sales in fta system's or sky might be geting a fue new coustemers....

thats what they said about nds lol and still there is no public hack so there might be a big wait a head , also not every provider will be using the same card so the chance of them being able to open all the different cards a round the world is a long shot or some one is going to have to put up a lot of money or be able to get there hands on some nice tools to even try and get in to one

I thought nds wasnt particularly good just noone dared to mess with it lol

some of the starview boxes is not working in Ireland.Has it got anything to do with the nagra 3.thanks

some of the starview boxes is not working in Ireland.Has it got anything to do with the nagra 3.thanks

Very likely !

Starviews presently only work on N1 which is slowly being turned off in Ireland.

You should still have all the general channels, kids, documentaries and music channels.

could be that the keys rolled today and he never updated the software/firmware on the box since before xmass

I thought nds wasnt particularly good just noone dared to mess with it lol

To tell you the truth from what alot of people have said there set up is good you can say what you want about them messing about with people if they were to try and hack it but they have had some of the best hackers work for them some of the main ones in this field just look at Chris Tarnovsky this guy changed the hole way people did things with smart cards and they say he only went to nds because some one stole his work now he has left nds over alot of stuff to do with hacking a provider for nds have a look at the link says it all
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Now the only talk at the min to do with nds is prem the german sat provider has been hacked we dont even know if its true all that has been said is its open and there will be a card soon to be able to watch it how long it last well i dont think nds will let it go long we will just have to wait and see thats even if its true and for this to be the first public hack of nds its been a long time in waiting and if its true the only way they were able to do it was when they started to roll out nds and nagra in slim line some of the receivers took a down load and this is were they saw a flaw

just wondering why people on mmds still got there boxes working on nagra1 in ireland,

Probably because UPC havn't issued the new rom 142 cards yet to Chorus customers on MMDS. To replace their existing N1 rom 10/11's.

Back