iPhone untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices Video tut & Files included

have done the jailbreak etc and installed installous again but when i go and search for something in cydia and go to install it it says

note;the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed...

whats that all about please?... its the winterboard that im trying to install that it does it on ...

Last edited:
Yes mate I'm having same problems I guess its with servers getting overloaded.
I tried to download MxTube last night and this morning off Big Boss Repo, nothing worked.
Tried this morning, nothing.
Just tried 15 mins or so ago and its downloaded now, keep trying bud.

looks like a fresh restore and jailbreak sorted it out for me all cracked apps seem to be working ok now

i ended up doin a restore aswell as it was going to take hours to back all the apps that were on it.

One of my apps didnt sync back once i updated. can you still use winSCP to transfer the IPA to installous then install from there ??

I cant seem to find how to do it this time.

carlos its easier to use itunes to install your ipa files, if you want .deb files then follow this Guide mate

cheers anyway mate but got it to work eventually.

Thanks

i decided to do a fresh install again, but im still having a problem with sources, seems to take forever to install them

I also got the problems with sources taking ages etc. so what I did was use cyder2 to download debs, winscp to transfer to a folder I created on phone and then use ifile to install the debs, much quicker at the minute while cydia is slow.

Update #3: The b3 version of redsn0w fixes a problem where re-running redsn0w over an existing jailbreak would cause MobileSubstrate-based apps to stop running until MS was installed again. Now you can re-run the redsn0w jailbreak step without worrying about that (but still remember to de-select the “Install Cydia” option if it’s already installed).
TIP: If auto-detection fails and redsn0w tells you no identifying data was found, you can always pre-select the appropriate 5.0.1 IPSW using “Extras->Select IPSW”.
Here are the redsn0w download links:

mac: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

just jailbreaked my 3GS following the video tutorial works 100% woohoo. Thanks guys

How long is a piece of string .... lol

Mine keeps crashing on 'Uploading first stage'

Tried on two pc's now - Redsnow encountered an error blah blah !!!!!

Have u set into run in compatibility mode for windows xp, I think that's why it crashes if you haven't, right click and choose properties, then on compatibility tab tick the top box and choose windows xp service pack 3 from the drop down menu

Both my oc and lappy are running XP so i don't have the option ?

Driving me mad :Angryfire

Also when i do a recovery it does not install all my apps ???

When is it crashing is it as it says downloading jb data, i have found this solution if it is:

when running redsn0w open up task manager, go to processes tab and look for redsn0w.exe, right click and select set affinity and uncheck cpu 0

Try that mate see if that helps, also about the apps is it the cracked apps that aren't syncing, because you need to have AppSync for OS5 installed which is available from the source http://cydia.hackulo.us, but also if you install Installous, it will install Appsync as it depends on it.

Back