iPhone untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices Video tut & Files included

Im thinking of reverting back to 4.2.1, ive tried installing about 6 times now, and keep getting problems, the last install i did i thought id finally cracked it, but yesterday things started going wrong, ive got apps that open one minute then next time i go to use they wont so i have to delete and reinstall, then they work for a bit, then stop working, everything else seems to be fine though, think i might give it one fresh install today and see what happens, i hate been beaten lol

Im thinking of reverting back to 4.2.1, ive tried installing about 6 times now, and keep getting problems, the last install i did i thought id finally cracked it, but yesterday things started going wrong, ive got apps that open one minute then next time i go to use they wont so i have to delete and reinstall, then they work for a bit, then stop working, everything else seems to be fine though, think i might give it one fresh install today and see what happens, i hate been beaten lol

i meant 4.3.3 not 4.2.1

Think it's when uploading it crashes.

Takes ages them to reboot my phone with iTunes.

I have to restore and update ?

I also lose all free apps I had on the phone.

Only backup stuff I get is from iCloud.

Thought you could just restore phone.

If 5.02 was out everyone who had to restore their phone would be stuffed then ?

If 5.02 was out everyone who had to restore their phone would be stuffed then ?

not if you have your SHSH blobs saved for 5.0.1 or below.
you can restore to any version the blobs are saved for.

When is it crashing is it as it says downloading jb data, i have found this solution if it is:

when running redsn0w open up task manager, go to processes tab and look for redsn0w.exe, right click and select set affinity and uncheck cpu 0

Try that mate see if that helps, also about the apps is it the cracked apps that aren't syncing, because you need to have AppSync for OS5 installed which is available from the source http://cydia.hackulo.us, but also if you install Installous, it will install Appsync as it depends on it.

Cheers mate worked first go, got a Cydia app on there ?

God knows what to do next...lol

How do i sve shsh blobs incase i have trouble in future ? Or my mate reckons you can restore to any same/lower f/w by pressing shift or something in itunes.

Cheers

There is a really good for thread for beginners here mate, also a good video on how to save your shs blobs here. You can restore your phone just via the restore button in itunes but only to the current fw.Once apple release a new fw they stop signing the old ones meaning you can only restore to the newest. Only if you have your shsh blobs can you restore to a lower firmware, so its a good idea to save especially seeing as it looks like the upcoming 5.1 fw patches the exploit used in redsn0w. Once apple release this then if you need to restore without the blobs then you can only update to 5.1, but with the blobs you could restore to 5.0.1

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a really good for thread for beginners here mate, also a good video on how to save your shs blobs here. You can restore your phone just via the restore button in itunes but only to the current fw.Once apple release a new fw they stop signing the old ones meaning you can only restore to the newest. Only if you have your shsh blobs can you restore to a lower firmware, so its a good idea to save especially seeing as it looks like the upcoming 5.1 fw patches the exploit used in redsn0w. Once apple release this then if you need to restore without the blobs then you can only update to 5.1, but with the blobs you could restore to 5.0.1

Cheers, will have a play now..

Do you have to install all of these ??

n cydia click manager at the bottom
click sources
click edit at the top
click add

a url box will pop up add each of the following one at a time.

Code:
http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com
SiNfuL iPhone Repo
repo.beyouriphone.com
cydia.install0us.com <----the 0 is the number zero not letter.
david.ashman.com/beta/
david.ashman.com/apt/

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i sve shsh blobs incase i have trouble in future ?

SHSH blobs are also saved on saurik's server when you first run cydia.
it will tell you on cydia's home page what SHSH blobs you have saved already.

Cheers, will have a play now..

Do you have to install all of these ??

n cydia click manager at the bottom
click sources
click edit at the top
click add

a url box will pop up add each of the following one at a time.

Code:
SiNfuL iPhone Repo
SiNfuL iPhone Repo
repo.beyouriphone.com
cydia.install0us.com <----the 0 is the number zero not letter.
david.ashman.com/beta/
david.ashman.com/apt/

You dont have to but it gives you more tweaks to install with cydia

Well finally installed installous. App sync. Loads of apps. Plugged phone into pc. Opened iTunes and it started syncing automatically and ALL the apps have disappeared except the free games I had off AppStore. But they don't show in iTunes either ?

Never understood this syncing rubbish. HAte iTunes.

what you should of done first was cancel the sync, goto file (top left) and chose "transfer purchased apps"
this would of transfered all apps including your cracked ones to the itunes library
then when you do a sync it wont delete the apps on your phone.
you need to do this each time you have new apps on your phone.
itunes will delete anything on your phone that it doesnt have in its library each time you sync it.

You shouldn't have to download them again as they will still be in installous under downloads tab. Just reinstall them, then do as Kryton says :)

what you should of done first was cancel the sync, goto file (top left) and chose "transfer purchased apps"
this would of transfered all apps including your cracked ones to the itunes library
then when you do a sync it wont delete the apps on your phone.
you need to do this each time you have new apps on your phone.
itunes will delete anything on your phone that it doesnt have in its library each time you sync it.

It just starts syncing as soon as i open itunes though ??

What is th point of syncing if it does not sync apps ?? It does not make sense...

It just starts syncing as soon as i open itunes though ??

What is th point of syncing if it does not sync apps ?? It does not make sense...

Clicked on transfer purchases before it started to sync and they have transferred to my library. I did have to AUTHORIZE my pc and enter app store password ?

So everytime i add a new app i have to do this ? Be quick and select transfer purchases before it has chance to sync. ?

Seems crazy...If not quick enough then you have to reinstall the app.

Last edited:
you dont need to authorize your pc everytime
you cancel the sync by either pressing the red X where it says syncing iphone at the top of itunes or by sliding the bottom bar of the iphone as if you was unlocking it.
you can choose what you want syncing with itunes each time you connect your device by clicking on your phone under "devices"
then along the top of the right hand side window choose each category (info....apps.....music) and untick sync info....sync apps etc

you dont need to do "transfer purchases" each time you add a new app if syncing apps is unticked.
you can do it every so often and it will transfer all apps you have added in 1 go.

itunes will only sync apps found in its library, if they are not present it will delete the apps on your phone wether paid for or not.
thats why you have to use "transfer purchases" to add them to the itunes library

Last edited:
Back